August Aquarium World magazine

Caryl

OK, after spending 6 hours yesterday stapling individual membership cards to Year Books :roll: the said YBs and AWs are ready to be posted first thing Monday morning. (All except Tasman as I will be giving them to you at the next meeting Aug 19th - Sunday lunch up Waihopai Valley. This will save a lot of postage :wink: )

August edition:

Find out how to collect live food

Read about the successful breeding of silver carp

Koura - the new pet on the block

CONFERENCE REPORT - AND PHOTOS

Basic marine tips

A Begiiners Guide to water changes

NATIONAL FISH SHOW information and ENTRY FORMS

Plant propagation

Learn about silver arowanas

Water hardness

Registered breedings

but wait - there's more!

How to get qualifications in the pet industry - Certificate in Companion Animal Services - which includes "Aquatics" and "Advanced Aquatics". It is a properly approved distance learning qualification offered by NMIT (Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology) via their Warkworth subsidiary Mahurangi Technical Institute and is open to everyone over 16 who is a NZ citizen or legal resident.

Members of FNZAS affilfated societies are offered a FULL SCHOLARSHIP for all but the Advanced Aquatics module.

All this and more in the August Aquarium World!! :bounce:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, after spending 6 hours yesterday stapling individual membership cards to Year Books :roll: the said YBs and AWs are ready to be posted first thing Monday morning.

good work!! :D you deserve a medal *GRIN*

Yay! Thanks Caryl :hail:

Doing it now. I would think 99% of people on here would be able to pass it with flying colours- questions like 'how to catch a fish properly' and 'how to pack fish properly for long journies' etc, its designed more for people who are just getting into it i think but its still a good qualification to have. Cant wait to start the advanced one.

Hi All

Seems like I've done it all wrong for the last 48 years. :wink:

Maybe I should have read the book and got the certificate. :lol:

48 years as a hobbyist and a "VERY SUCCESSFUL" BREEDER as well with a fount of knowledge about the hobby which I store in my "Tiny Brain"

and try to recall from time to time so as I can pass it on to somebody else for their knowledge and enjoyment of the hobby, and now it's all in a book and you get a piece of paper if you tick the right box

Good gosh; just how wrong have I been all my life. :oops:

Next in the chain will be a "Diploma of Fish Feeding".

Chapter one:

Go to your LFS.

Decisions, decisions.

:bow:

Every time a coconut you can guarantee after I have finished printing, I pick up minor (well, hopefully they are always minor) errors in the damn thing! :evil:

While zipping through it this morning looking for something in particular, I picked up 3 errors (one wasn't mine but I should have picked it up anyway). How come I didn't pick them up in the proof readings??? :evil: