August Christchurch Totally Tanked meeting

Loopy

Someone has taken half of my year. I feel ripped off!!! It is August already!!?? :o I worry that if i blink it will be christmas!!

This meeting will be on Saturday the 4 of August.

The location will be Scalares house at 161 North Avon road. Which is at the top end of Stanmore road.

I think the usual time of 5pm will atill be fine.

I look forward to seeing you all again.

I can't come this month. Fiji beckons :lol:

have fun bd take lots of photos of the reef for me :)

i will be there as normal :)

i have a few plants to give away to anyone who wants them im takeing down my cold water tank so i can set up a reef tank so i will do it that weekend + some java moss and lots of Ambulia

and maybe some krib fry if my female lays in the next week :roll:

is Totally Tanked the Canterbury Aquarium & Pond Society or is it another club that is also affiliated to FNZAS.

Just asking as I see Totally Tanked in the FNZS Clubs section of the Forum ... but only find Canterbury Aquarium & Pond Society under the clubs listings so probably have to assume they are one and the same but Loopy seems to lead Totally Tanked and I think lives in south west Chch while President & Secretary of Canterbury Aquarium & Pond Society appear to live in east Chch.

Have I missed something obvious?

regards

They are two separate clubs (and Loopy belongs to them both). The reason you only see Canterbury in the clubs list is because they are affiliated to the FNZAS whereas, at this point, Totally Tanked are not.

in joining a club.

Can anyone give me some points of differentiation between the Canterbury Aquarium & Pond Society and Totally Tanked so I can determine whether to join one or both.

As far as I can see from the Forum members of Totally Tanked seem to be more 'active' - by this I mean in voicing opinions and offering help.

regards

I plan to affiliate the club very soon so that Totally Tanked will get the benefits of being part of the FNZAS family. But would like to see a good turn out to get as much feedback and support as possible. **wink wink**

Perhapes at the August meeting we can seriously sit and discuss the more technical stuff. Assistance and suggestions are always welcome.

like loopy i go to Canterbury Aquarium & Pond Society and Totally Tanked

CAPS is more sitting round a table and talk about your tanks etc

totally tanked is more active :) tradeing / giving avay fish plants etc overall a more relaxed meeting :)

oh and i will also have some fish to sell cheep to TT people

2 female platies $2

2 pigmy corys $2

2 Sparkling Gourami $1

1 croaking gourami $1.50

price is for each fish

price will be for people who turn up to TT olny :wink:

Correct me if I'm wrong Wilson.

CAPS meet on Thursday evenings about 7pm.

TT meets Saturdays at about 5pm. Bring something for a pot luck tea and enjoy.

The idea of TT is to keep it family friendly. We have 2 rug rats that aren't in tanks and Shaz works nights during the week. Hence the meeting time and our lack of attendance to CAPS. PLUS we have spares if others have problems and are available basically 24-7.

Currently we are procuring books for a "TT Library".

Mr L

I really hope I can make it this month, I'm really excited actually. So far the only thing booked in on Saturday is the landlady coming to do a property inspection in the morning. :evil:

I might be in the market for some things... Possibly danios, but I'm still severely undecided at this stage. I suppose I really should get something more colourful than white clouds for a point of interest.... My single little goldfish just ain't cutting it for colour, lol.

casper and janelle make sure you look at loopys first post:

The location will be Scalares house at 161 North Avon road. Which is at the top end of Stanmore road.

i would hate for you all to go to the wrong place :lol:

casper and janelle make sure you look at loopys first post:

i would hate for you all to go to the wrong place :lol:

Thanks for the reminder, Wilson. Maybe I can combine it with a visit to some friends I have on that side of town.

jn said

You are more than welcome to pop in. It will be an honour to put another face to name.

an Honour? lol anyone would think we were knights of the "fishy" looking table!

coucha15.jpg

Something like this perhaps?