Whatevr happenned to those abino guppies?

cesarz

My albinos I got from IOU1 have not multiplied, neither did the ones I bought from the LFS, but the outcrosses to my Golden Cobras were really great, about 50+, half of them blonds. It will be three more months before the outcrosses breed.

I'm in the same boat.

I only ever got 1 male and out crossed it.

The fry from that are identical in colour pattern to the original male although not albino or blonds for that matter.

They are about to drop very soon and I'm keeping a close eye on them hoping not to miss the signs and lose the spawn to hungry parents.

I saw an albino female on TradeMe, pic was not the actual but looked the same, and looked fantastic. Unfortunately i had a few too many drinks with friends :roll: and forgot to log on for the auction close :evil:

I want one... so bad. Would like to cross with one of my swordtail males and see what kind of pretties show up.

Yeah its true, they were multipying in Auckland (with IOU1) and those original ones are all still alive. The females never got pregnant again using the albino males, dont know why. I have used the albino males for the outcross but never outcrossed the albino females. Maybe I should try.

I was going through my tanks today before feeding placing a couple of females in and out of traps.

When I checked the albino out-cross ( they are identical to the albino's but tuxedo and gray's ) I thought they will need to be placed in traps tomorrow as they were really squared up nicely.

Went out - came home checked the females in traps - then onto feeding, got to the albino out-cross and noticed 10 fry in the tank, placed both females in traps( as they were impregnated on the same day ) and now have around 20-30 fry.

1 female is 2/3 done the other has not begun to drop yet.

As it is a sibling spawning and the adults are gray's I was expecting around 50% gray, 25% bloned and 25% albino ( any thoughts on that?? ).

I only collected 10 fry of the original out-cross, all 5 females were yellow tailed, of the males 1 was a yellow tail ( now breeder ) the other 4 were yellow/red tailed. ( gave the other 5 to a friend ).

I definitely have some albinos fry all look very large and healthy, the thing is I can't remember what the out-cross female was(other then a gray of cause) so have no idea what the fry will look like - I'm hoping for a nice surprise but will be happy if all are yellow tailed.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Check out the fishtank listings. Top products at very cheap prices. The highest quality fish food on the market. Albino guppy galore. Has been offered to all on trade me so not really a secrete. I have seen most breeders specimens and these have been the biggest and best that I have seen.