Conference 2007

Warren

Hello Everyone,

Conference 2007 is being held this year and hosted by the Hawkes Bay Aquarium Society.

The registration forms are running a quite late but should be out by the end of this week. Details will be posted on the FNZAS site under the homepage. The registration form will be downloadable as a pdf.

All I can tell you for certain at this time is it starts Friday evening 1.6.2007 and finishes Monday morning 4.6.2007 (Queens Birthday weekend). There are several new and unique activities planned for the weekend so it's one not to be missed. Anyone who's ever been to a FNZAS conference will tell you how good they are.

Check back soon for updates.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Warren is there any chance that someone from the bay could provide information on accomodation possibilities as my wife and I do not know the area too well and would not like to leave it too late ?

I've now sort of taken over the basic organisation of things.

Looks like we have a deal for a flat rate of approx $38.00 per person per night.

I have a couple more places to check but so far this is looking the best. Accommodation prices have gone up a huge amount in Napier and Hastings with some places asking stupid amounts (like $140 per room for an old 70's style junk-room). It reflects the absurd price increases in property in the area. It all just equates to greed...

At any rate I should have something up by Wednesday night and hopefully the HBAS will dispatch forms to clubs by mail by the end of the week.

kttk it varys each year depending on what the host club arranges. basically though we get together Friday night for registrations then Saturday is the AGM. Get the boring bit over with first. 8)

Saturday night is usually a meal out somewhere.

Sunday is whatever is organised by the local club and often includes a tour of local attractions. This conference will have a lot to do with the National Aquarium I expect :P

Another meal together in the evening with raffles running most of the weekend with opportunities to win great prizes generously donated by aquarium wholesalers and retailers.

The Conference Page is up and running. Feel free to ask questions here.

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fnzas_conference_2007/

It's in a pretty raw state after picking up the job of doing the basic organisation on Monday and having to find new accommodation due to the original plan being much too expensive. Fortunately I have all the documentation from organising conference 2002 so have a great starting point.

The Motel is McGinty's Motor Lodge, 1400 Karamu Rd, Hastings

Gee thanks for that Warren.

I did read it.

Just did a skim read before I went for the Rego form and didn't find it there either

Male looking

Gee thanks for that Warren.

I did read it.

Just did a skim read before I went for the Rego form and didn't find it there either

Male looking

Alan with 1 L I am surprised that you would admit to that!! :P :lol: :lol: