Conference 2007

Warren

Well it has been pointed out to us that we will arrive in Wgtn in rush hour with everyone leaving town for the long weekend :-?

Loopy's railcar is running to time so far so we should make the ferry in time too (where's the figers crossed smiley?) :roll:

I have been to the bakery and got lots of food to eat on the way so minimum stops, except for a pee.

See you soon!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fantastic weekend my wife and I have had, congrats to all the H/bay guys/gals who made it absolutely fabulous well done and thank you you were all brilliant. :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow: My only gripe,that awful power hungry security guard :evil: Who made life very difficult for some of us. The person who poured water down my neck TWICE :evil: was wet and he will keep! Then their was THAT PERSON who will remain nameless who would not pipe down or go to bed :evil: :evil: He will get his just rewards, I guarantee!! THANKS AGAIN GUYS (also met a lot of cool people and put a few names to a few faces).

Yay I am home!

What an amazing weekend! I have never had so many new experiences in such a short space of time! So many new people to meet, foods to try, scenery to look at..... :o (antics to laugh at)

I have to thank Caryl and Grant for taking care of me and transporting me. :hail::hail::bow::hail::hail::bow::hail::hail::bow::hail::hail:

I am extremely grateful, thank you!

Also *THANK YOU* To Warren and everyone in the Hawkes bay aquarium club for putting on such a spectacular event!

It was great fun to meet everyone and put the faces to the names. A very odd feeling when you meet someone in person for the first time but you feel like you have know them for ages!

Just try and keep me away from conference next year!!

Yay I am home!

What an amazing weekend! I have never had so many new experiences in such a short space of time! So many new people to meet, foods to try, scenery to look at..... :o (antics to laugh at)

Glad you enjoyed yourself Loopy - even If I did catch you trying to post your Chocolate ice cream home outside Rush Munros!

yeh it wasn't in the mail box when i got home! i hope the postie didn't eat it. Pilot on my flight home said it was minus 4 degrees here in Chch this morning. :o Felt like it too! So i don't think the icecream will melt!! :D

Wow, what an amazing weekend! Thanks so much to the Hawkes Bay Aquarium Society for all the hard work they put in to make life so fun and interesting for the delegates. Conference itself was great and the spoon went to the right person, for sure!

Was great meeting some new people and getting to know some of the forum personalities in the flesh.

Hope to see you all next year in Napier!

aww!!! Well you will be please to know everyone is slowly making their way home today. I joined the killie club while up there too :bounce: :roll:

AND my whiptails have laid!, my whiptails have laid!!! YAY!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Tim and I have made it safely to Whakatane.

Called into see Daffyd on the way home.

Our NZKA sponsor, The Pet Shop, Taupo.

Jim_r, to have a coffee and pinch some sand and to get more abuse from both Him & 'er, thru to Rotorua shop, then our last visit where we were made very welcome by Glenn and his wife Eileen and the two boys. Fantastic fishroom, and well worth the effort to make arrangements to stop in and see.

So to home.

Fish OK

Dog OK

Not sure about Rose yet, hoping tho,

Thank-you B&K for those kind words.

I'm still trying to get my BP down.

And I'll concur, the weekend was worth the while, and it was especially great to see old friends that I had'nt seen for a couple of years.

But I think the biggest hug from the whole conference was when John E and I met.

First time since his accident, and his guardian angel; your a good one Gail, a real bottler.

Now to sort out all those new NZKA members that have joined up; 7 for the weekend.

Have to try to do better next year.

All the best to all those that were down there to share, and that were helping to make it what it was.

And Richard, I'm sorry, even as a kid, I use to laugh when I made a boo-boo, :oops: sorry mate.

But it was funny wasn't it?? :wink:

Thanks to the organisers for such a great excuse to meet more excellent fish people.

Am looking forward to more events.

Found out Bristlenose and Cories can stand 17 degrees but Angels and Rummy Noses can't...... why was that pump off and the kids' fan heater on...

Thanks again everyone, well done.

Robert Foster

Aquagold Ltd

What a fantastic weekend my wife and I have had, congrats to all the H/bay guys/gals who made it absolutely fabulous well done and thank you you were all brilliant. :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow: My only gripe,that awful power hungry security guard :evil: Who made life very difficult for some of us. The person who poured water down my neck TWICE :evil: was wet and he will keep! Then their was THAT PERSON who will remain nameless who would not pipe down or go to bed :evil: :evil: He will get his just rewards, I guarantee!! THANKS AGAIN GUYS (also met a lot of cool people and put a few names to a few faces).

:D:D:D:D:D

I can just imagine you saying this jim rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :D

We had the most fabulous time too!! And yeah, I think that noisy guy "will" get his just deserts!! :wink::wink: :roll: :D:D:D

And as for that security guard, don't get me started!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

It's ok Daffydd, I think you can see that I am kidding *grin*

Pity the poor people coming into the country if it had been for real!!! :P:D:D:D

I can only add my heart felt thanks to everyone involved in makeing this such a fun and fantastic weekend , I don't think we stopped laughing from start to finish not even during the AGM thanks to jimR and Alan amonst others :hail::hail::hail:

Thanks to Warren and his hard working team , some really novel ideas (passports being a real winner ) that really made the whole conferance one that will be remembered for a long long time as a huge success

BTW the mean security guard also makes a pretty mean fireman when your soaking in a hot spa :wink::P :roll:

The main instigater was in fact hiding himself in his room to provide himself with an alibi (Eddie) and peeked his head out a tiny crack in the door saying "I can't possibly be blamed for this as I'm inside". very very cunning. :D

So rapt that people and fish made it home safe and sound :D Was an awesome weekend and haven't laughed and grinned so much in one weekend for a while... :D :lol:

The highlight of the night was Billaney's jockeying Seabiscuit, sadly tho Seabiscuit obtained a few leg injuries along the way... :lol:

Was awesome to meet new faces and catch up with old faces! :D

And don't worry that nasty Security person has some coming his way :D :lol: 8)

Roll on next years conference! I am glad you guys liked what HBAS put on for this conference, I reckon it pulled off really well too :D

Signed:

Miss Australia.. (normally known as Mrs, however, not wanting to really be associated with that nasty Security man, I swear I don't know his alter ego) :lol: