well lets see some real reef tanks

reef

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put me down for a couple

speaking of ultimate reef did any one read about the tank of the month?

750 of what on power a month (i assume pounds), what kind of job does he have to support that sort of a bill.

i remember reef saying his bill was about 450ish????? and thats with a quarintine facility right?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. Steve, the acro in the background of the last pic is the one which is starting to turn purple. That pic was from a week ago, (the others were all taken today). You can kind of see the very tips with a bit of purple in that pic, but the colour has moved further down the tips now. It's hard to get a good photo of it though.

Hopefully the whole coral colours up, it should look great then.

Layton

ok, here's a closeup of my tank today. clowns doing a u-turn in front of my bi-colour blennie and royal dottyback...

tankcloseup.jpg

you can see small traces of cyano just under the clown... lucky im not showing you a shot of the substrate - its a shocker at the moment! nothing i do can get rid of the crap. will be interesting to see what a 150% increase in water volume, better circulation and new lighting will do soon...

reef - yeah, im picking dead spots too in the rocks doesnt help at all either. thats why im so keen on getting the new tank in - but on the same hand, i dont want to rush things and screw it up so am maintaining a bit of patience (but on the same hand am getting pissed off with the cyano - viscious circle)