What do I feed BNs?

SilverBlade86

Mine don't get any commercial food, just courgette, which I replace every day even if there's some left. They also love peas (squeeze the shell off). I have noticed that they do eat any frozen bloodworm or tropical flake that falls to the bottom. Even if your tank does have algae, it is a good idea to supplement their diet anyway.

All the lfs have gravel in varying colours. I like the dark brown one myself and it is cheaper to buy in bulk but I would have thought a place like Bunnings would be way cheaper.

Your BN should be developing bristles at about that size and if it doesn't - congratulations, it's a girl! :D

something else they might enjoy is PRAWNS

Yes i go to the supermarket and buy 1 cooked or raw prawn, cut it into 5 and then hang a piece in the middle of the tank, this is for the guppies. Seems i neglected to tell my adult male BN as he gets onto it and swings it from side to side and fights the guppies for the territory. Really is quite a laugh to watch. On the other hand, my 4 young fry show no interest in the prawn whatsoever

I put a piece of cucumber for her today in the tank. I stabbed a toothpick through it and onto the driftwood. Waiting for results now.

Also, I went to the petstore to get a price quote on some gravel. For a bag of I think 10kg they quoted me $60. Then I went to a gardening center and bought a bag of slightly bigger gravel for $10. 8)

Just to double check, how do I test if the gravel is suitable? Something to do with vinegar was it?