Molly Hunt 04/02/07????

dave

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey hey guys! I've been reading bout this hunt and I would really love to go! But we are poor students and as all spare money is spent on the tanks we cant afford the trip :cry: ! The fish sound amazing and would like to have a couple? Is there anyone from hamilton or surrounding areas that would be willing to bring some back for me? (Am happy to pay for them?)

Thanks a lot guys I hope you enjoy it!

Mystic

Kevin, Chris and myself are all going as we are involved in the executive meeting. I probably won't be bringing any fish back but I can guarantee that Kevin and Chris will be! :D

We aren't coming back to Wellington until Tuesday 6th though.

Jane

Apparently there is some riot or war that is happening up on the bank... we already have our teams picked, pushing and shoving and nasty guerilla tactics the plan of action... by the time that is all over, we might have just scared all the mollies away.. so there may not be be any up for grabs :lol:

I will look into coming again and see if I can move the budget around hehe (fish get first priority again hehe) Will let you know as to the outcome! I will only want a couple but I think the trip will be so much fun!

this trip sound like its going to be so much fun with a great bunch of people, i would love to come and get me some, but just cant afford to and got my son to worry about.

if anyone gets more then they want it would be great if they could get some for me, i would really be greatfull for it.

There are a lot of breeders going on the trip, including Billaney (who can breed anything with fins), so I'm sure in a few months there will be tank raised versions available which might be more suited to the home aquarium, so if anyone misses out dont worry! There will be more to come :)

We will be able to bring fish back through Wgtn too (assuming someone catches any).

Shelzie bring your son with you. We will take turns fishing him out whenever he falls in :wink:

RULE 1: No shoving anyone in until after the fish have been caught! We don't want them scared off and the water any murkier than it already is.

I think you are right Caryl, we are banking on catching some (well you guys will be, I will be supervising at the top) :P :lol: , but it doesn't mean we will definately get any :lol: :P I think we have to catch some first and go from there :lol:

by the looks of this, i am sure you guys will be able to catch quite a few mollies with this number of people going. make sure you guys took some pics while there. most importantly the mollies that you guys caught.

i dont want any mollies, but all this hype and discussions, makes me wanna go as well... :oops:

I don't want any either Shiuh. I am going for the fun of it (and it was an excuse to justify the expense of attending an exec meeting, which I don't usually manage to do).

Will be taking heaps of pics I assure you!

The February Aquarium World is also on hold so I can add a report on the Molly Hunt (and the exec meeting if there's room) before it goes to print :wink:

We did our own 'mini' molly hunt after one of the exec meetings last year, Kevin and Chris caught hundreds of them using whitebait nets and basically 'herding' them in. Was very entertaining to watch grown men wallowing about in the mud :D