Albino guppies.

Devon

you guys don't count me thats sad. I have been working on an albino line aswell. I am crossing carriers over at the moment and then cross over to the albinos after

I didn't realise that you had managed to get "Albino Snows" Rcon. Sorry, last time you talked to me you were still looking. How are you going with them?

I have managed to confirm that 2 of my F1 males are fertile which means I have at least 3 good studs counting the dad.

Most of my outcross [Albino Snow female to Blonde male with only orange pigmentation showing] have turned out to be male. I've sold and given away all but 4 of my females from this outcross. I've mated 2 back to their brothers and 2 back to Albino Snow Males. Hopefully they'll drop in a couple of weeks.

yep. Im pretty keen on the look of the snows. So if you guys start a line then I will swap with you for some of mine to strengthen the blood line abit. Member to crossout and in again so were not all interbreeding just to keep full albino. Looking good.

i was looking for more females thats all, i initially had about 12 females then one by one they started going to a better place.

My females are all going to drop soon aswell. Hope i get some of the results that i want.. so sad if i dont cos i have got 6 females that are going to drop. Fingers firmly crossed.

Oh yup. Well they new snow albino guppies settled in nicely started having ago at the females and were eating loads. But woke up in the morning to find that they are all gone. So im looking around the tank. Looking and looking then a catfish catchs my eye with its extra large stomach. He had gone and eaten them when they were on the bottom probly resting. Its name has slipped my mind. But it's silver and has wiskers. And start's with "My" or sumthing..

Oh well, ive set up the new 2ft's for the albino's and I can order some in as soon as ive got some more money. :-?

My camera is no good at taking pictures sorry, so you may need to rely on someone else :( The thing I find with these fish is the way their colours are soooo ( :o ) light with no dark pigments at all, hard to describe and how they 'change' colour depending on the light, mine do anyway :o

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...