Creatures in cannister filter

JoandWilly

Just cleaned out our cannister filter and there were these little creatures in there, they were little brown things oval shaped maybe 1-2mm across and 2-3mm long, and there where heaps of white shaped eggs by the looks of it measuring about the same, wondering what these are have never seen them before, going to clean out one of our other cannister filters so if there are any in there will try get a photo just worryed that it would be a parasite so any light shed on this would be a great help!

Just cleaned out our cannister filter and there were these little creatures in there, they were little brown things oval shaped maybe 1-2mm across and 2-3mm long, and there where heaps of white shaped eggs by the looks of it measuring about the same, wondering what these are have never seen them before, going to clean out one of our other cannister filters so if there are any in there will try get a photo just worryed that it would be a parasite so any light shed on this would be a great help!

You mean snails?

If they were parasites they wouldn't be living in the filter. Filters aren't fish.

i havent seen any slug things in my filters but if your fish are healthy i wouldnt worry about it, theyre probably just random greeblies (as caryl would say :lol: ). perhaps pull them out and see if the fish like to eat them?

i have limpets in my axolotl tank, theyre white and 1-2mm long. not sure if they do anything (like eating algae etc) but they seem to mind their own business. they popped up out of the blue one day, i hadnt added anything to the tank for months

Greeblies (or greebies) are in the same technical grouping as thingamebobs and whatchamacallits and stuff. In the case of greeblies it applies to something small, yucky, and living which you cannot identify. Greeblies frequently have lots of legs or look disgusting. Thingamebobs, whatchamacallits and stuff are used to describe inanimate objects rather than living ones. For more information, refer to Caryl's dictionary of technical terms. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jude