Everything posted by Phillz
-
Northlanders-----LOOK HERE!
yeah but it would be too far to travel for most :roll: A LFS in Whangarei offered there place up for a meeting with a special discount for members.......will try to sort something out with that.
-
Hi Everyone
Hiya, glad to have ya here, you'll learn lots here, sorry to hear you had a rough start.....seems to happen alot!
-
Northlanders-----LOOK HERE!
Will try and give it a go Caryl. Will talk with the people who offered a venue, but unsure of how to organise a whole 1st meeting. Any suggestions welcome.
-
Northlanders-----LOOK HERE!
Well, looks like we don't have the enthusiasm right now.....I'm still keen though! I was offered a venue and discount for members, meetings etc........just need interest! Will keep this on the back burners.....I wanna Northland Group
-
Hi from Auckland
Welcome, look forward to hearing more from ya
-
Advice on Angels...loads of pics!
YIKES Yes......I don't really have any where else to put them......unless the parents go back into the main community tank where they were being picked on Arggggggggg dunno what to do now More Advice needed now please I can move the Natives into the 2ft tank, therefore freeing up the 3ft tank.
-
Advice on Angels...loads of pics!
Well, it seems as if I have eager breeders now......as they have been at it again all ready. Their ROCK is covered in eggs as of this morning. Will get more pics up soon. The first lot of fry is doing really well, and growing fast, I have been feeding them on BBS and Microworms (Thanks Bill ) I am thinking of moving them to a 3 ft (Currently my native tank) and leaving them to it.....I am keeping notes and letting the parents do thrie thing.
-
Lots
What sort of fish? How big is your tank? How long has it been up and running? Where abouts are you? How old are you? Just a few Questions for you.
-
oop's
Hi there, you have come to the right place to learn! Why not introduce yourself in the Welcome forum? Looking forwarn to hearing more from you.
-
Northlanders-----LOOK HERE!
I have tried once before to get an idea of how many people here in Northland would be keen on getting a group going....after notices put in LFS and an ad in 2 local papers......I didn't even get one reply! After talking to a few people, I have come to realise there are heaps of you out there, whether they have found this great resource or not. Please reply here or PM me if you are interested in forming a Northland Group.....I will once again try an add in the Dargaville Newspaper, and the Whangarei newspaer.....can anyone suggest any other papers to put an ad in? Come on Northies.....we gotta get a group going!!!
- ~Show us your Bettas~
-
logging Software
Pegasus aka Bill has produced something along this line.....check with him
-
130+ swordtail fry
Crikey!!!! good on the mum!!!! Well done on the massive bunch of fry!
-
Advice on Angels...loads of pics!
Thanks Alan.....their free swimming Wahooooooo!!! Much to the disgust of the parents....who are frantically catching them and putting them onto their rock.
-
Advice on Angels...loads of pics!
How long does it normally take for the egg sac to be consumed? Hard to see but I think it is still there.
-
Which females to keep?
Thamks for that Bill. My Dream Guppy is a Blue/green snakeskin.......but alas, I have not found anything of the sort to start out with. So I thought I would make a start with what I had....get some practice in LOL. The dad was a LFS buy, and a yellow snakeskin, with a wannabe topsword , The mum was a LFS buy too, and was one of those goldie coloured girls. So I had expected a few snakeskins at least......but no! The males out of that batch are all different colours, with a flouro orange parts and black spots......now the dad had 2 black spots, so looks like thats all he passed on. So back to the drawing board for me. The guppies will go in the big tank, untill I can find the stock I want to start with. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm....anyone got and bule/green snakeskin guppies they want to part with LOL
-
sick bettas!
I'm sorry I'm not much help with giving advice on sick fish.....but sounds like you are treating already? Maybe give it a bit of time to work before trying anything else? Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you. Do you have pics of them.....this may help?
-
Which females to keep?
Well......feeling a lil bit stink now :roll: 3 of my 8 "virgin" females are males........And here I was thinking I had sorted them out! Just goes to show how much I have to learn! Now my "Virgin" females will be preggo by these blokes......who have spots........not what I had planned at all! Where oh where am I going to start to get my awesome Blue/green snakeskin strain started........oh just dreaming!!!
-
Howdy Yall from way down south
Hi there, glad to have you aboard. I lived in Mataura for a couple of years and went to Gore High. It does get Icy Cold down there.....now I'm up the top of NZ, and it gets pretty cold up here too, but a different type of cold
- Hi
-
Advice on Angels...loads of pics!
OK an update... Mum is doing better, looking a bit brighter She got around to removing some of the dead eggs. Dad kept a close watch, and is very protective. Couldn't focus right up on these lil wriglers (new camera, have to learn how to use it yet LOL) They moved all the live fry to a flat rock, trying hard at keeping them all together Proud parents, watching over their pride and joy!
-
What do you clean the glass with?
Just wondering how everyone cleans the outside of their tank glass? My tanks have kiss marks on them from my kiddies :lol:
-
~Show us your Bettas~
Vayda is not a shy boy anymore He has become quite social infact. Got a new camera, so have been playin with it.
-
Advice on Angels...loads of pics!
Not such good news on the Angel Front! Mum doesn't look so good, she has something hanging from her, not sure what it is, but doesn't look good! She isn't interested in her eggs, and gone to the other side of the tank away from her partner, she is not interested in food either. Her mouth seems a little swollen, and is not shutting completely. Neither mum or dad are fanning the eggs now, dad is still close, but not that interested. Approx 20 or so eggs are now white, they haven't removed them.
-
Advice on Angels...loads of pics!
K...did this and look what happened Dad doing his part