Everything posted by v8jaggy8
-
I would like some expert advice
Na its obviously the great wall of China depicted in germany?? :sml1: Yea Sam I think I will try today to design it face on
-
I would like some expert advice
I do like the idea of micro swords but wasnt sure if leaving some blank space would be a good idea as well
-
I would like some expert advice
This is the plan of attack on how I am thinking of setting it up. Have already found the most amazing piece of driftwood that suits the tank Any improvements I can make? Going to be using a light natural gravel as the substrate Cheers
-
I would like some expert advice
So have finally got around to putting pen to paper to sort out a layout plan. I have decided on using four different plant varieties, they are as follows: Java Fern (Probably lace) Ambulia Twisted Val (as thought of by Sophia) Hair grass Will I be able to successfully grow these in my tank (low tech) I am hoping to get a low full grass effect out of the hair grass is this plausible? TIA Graeme
-
fish that eat that brown algae
I'm pretty sure that Blackline Flying Fox's eat it but don't quote me
-
Sound advice or just a little dodgy?
Thats crazy talk, this is because the goldfish food has a lot more plant matter and not enough protein content in it
-
First Reptile Pet
A 90cm enclosure is still pretty small for a Bearded Dragon (I have 2 of them in a 2.2m) I would be more inclined to get the Leo
-
Hibernation for bell frogs?
I have caught them wild in the Akatarawa Forest which is just north of Wellington (30Km) If I was you Snapperhead I would bring them back indoors and try warm them slowly and see what the result is, might have got to cold too quickly for them outdoors Cheers
-
I would like some expert advice
Thanks for that Sophia. I was thinking that Ambulia was going to be one of the better plants to grow. Is twisted Val prone to melting??
-
Nutrafin Aqua Plus or AMI Stress Coat
Nutrafin Aquaplus is the better product IMO well worth the money. But if you have a decent sized tank (Over 200L (Still small I know)) then the Seachem Prime is best as you only need 5mL per 200L
-
I would like some expert advice
So turns out that small Blue Planet classic 20 has turned into a hospital tank as I had a sick fighter come into work and am now slowly nursing him back to health fingers crossed. But as luck would have it my AWESOME sister has decided to give me a new Fluval Spec V as a house warming present so back to planning how to plant this one out for my puffer. Is the LED lighting on the spec V enough for growing decent plants. Its light unit is rated at 7500K.
-
Who needs Robosnail and crack a jar
THATS AWESOME!! I want a octopus more after watching that.
-
Oxygen in bags ?
Marine fish should all be shipped/transported one fish per bag to ensure ample oxygen and avoid damage to each other.
-
anyone with natives?
Hey Man I would probably apply for your permit before trying to source them as DOC can be fussy about the gecko population. But goodluck and make sure you show us lots of pictures I want to do a native terrarium setup as well Graeme
-
Help - Constipated oranda goldfish
Generally the pea should act as a laxative for your fish so hopefully it will process soon
-
interesting pleco breeders in NZ
+1 Navarre :gpo2:
-
I would like some expert advice
Does anyone have a link to these sort of products on trademe? Or have some they would sell to a beginner to get them going in about a months time?
-
The Pet Centre Aqua Maynia newsletter
Hey Jaide I know its late notice but they have a lot of tanks on special and a few other things its a pretty good sale
-
I would like some expert advice
Sweet, next question is what sort of fertiliser is best for a tank?
-
4ft high tech journal
Looking good Sam, what sort of substrate are you using in here?
-
I would like some expert advice
If I go with a High Tech system with the C02 do I still need a substrate like the aquabasis?
-
I would like some expert advice
What is the best way of rigging up a C02 kit? If I go down this track I think I will go up to a 60cm tank and get a better effect. Probably 65L with a 20W PL bulb
-
I would like some expert advice
Ok so looks like to get my own way of having an amazing set up tank I need to go Hi Tech What exactly do I need to do this?
-
I would like some expert advice
How much is a bag of the aquabasis worth Sam?
-
I would like some expert advice
Would something like this be achievable in my tank?