4ft high tech journal

SamH

IMG_2426b_zps64a4d2bb.jpg

Some of you may remember this very aquarium from its previous thread. However, since emptying it I have had the left side bracing adjusted to fit the pipes I want on the side. Here's the plan.

Lighting, T5HO double unit 6500k tubes. May upgrade to another unit if needed in the future.

Filtration, 2x Sunsun HW-302 1000lph canister filters, both with lily pipes and one with inline diffuser and heater.

CO2, pressurised 7kg cylinder with inline diffuser.

Substrate, yet to be decided.

Hardscape, yet to be collected, aiming for large, strong and unique rocks.

Planning to have this running by the end of the month so stay tuned folks!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I would consider 2 x 54w T5HO high light on a tank that size, what sort of plants are you going to be growing?

I never said it was high light, I even said I could run this as low tech if I wanted :P My AA tank is only a couple of cm shallower than this and the two T5HO on that are more than enough for it. I feel that it's an appropriate amount of light but I fear that the light spread with the current unit will be an issue. May add a T8 (or another T5HO if I can find another cheap one) at a later date.

Still haven't finalised plants, it'll either be a really broad palette or really limited, I'll let the hardscape decide. Speaking of which, I should have by Thursday so I'll need to buy some substrate this week too.

I think I would keep thefirst sort of style but move thr large rock the the back and have the smaller one towards the front????

You want the small rocks at the back and the large ones at the front to give it depth.