We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.
Everything posted by kevan
-
New Tank project
25 mm stainless I think (1 inch) round for uprights and square for base
-
New Tank project
1450 L x 750 W x 700 H hopfully my two 150 w metal H lights will cope but I do have spare 250 w . Thanks to Aaron for stand (Duke) this has been in my garage for a few months now and finaly a couple of weeks ago I move the existing 4 ft tank into garage and started getting things sorted . Need to drill holes in floor for sump in garage . If you can see were I've removed sand on second picture thats were the reefs will be built.
-
Full tank shot thread
- Dive and snorkel sites in south Pacific
Thanks Pies . Anyone been to north fiji Vanu Levu for diveing and snokeling ?- Dive and snorkel sites in south Pacific
Pies were did you stay when you went u to Santos did you stay on Santos itself or did you stay at on of the small island resort Bokisser or Aore. The thing I’m looking for is a family destination that has good beaches for kids and places were they can snorkel. (15, 13, 8 years old) but would like to do some diving as well- Dive and snorkel sites in south Pacific
I know there are some keen divers out there what good dve and snokel sites are in the south Pacific and what corals are found at these sites.- The Ultimate "DSB vrs BB vrs Anything Else" Poll
1.What system of sand bed/ non sand bed do you use? 1-2 coral sand 2.Why did you choose this? Aesthetics 3.a) aesthetically which type do you prefer? As Above b) practically which do you prefer? Shallow sand bed 4.Have you ever experienced the "crash" if using a dsb? What happened? no 5.Are you happy with the current system you are using? yes 6.What are the benefits/negatives you have found when using this system? Looks good and I feel promotes small worms and critters for food. No negatives 7.Have you ever changed/considered changing your sand/no sand system? If so Why? NO 8*.Labour or National NO- Photos Please!
- Using clay pipes to hold up coral structure
this might give rough idea of what I'm trying to do , then stack live rock to hide pipes . I need to know if I can use clay pipes or if they need glazing . http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/ ... titled.bmp- part of my touch coral is dead
- Using clay pipes to hold up coral structure
those dead coral plates round and quite thick and heavy I had a look at one at Holliwood about 8 kilos- Using clay pipes to hold up coral structure
I need it to hold three plates of coral at thee different heights I could do it with coral rock but it would take a lot of rock and I was going to try and hide the pipes by stacking live rock around them. I would need a strong pvc structure to hold plates in place.- Using clay pipes to hold up coral structure
Does anyone know if you can use clay pipes to support coral structure or does the clay have to be glazzed ?- My tank
- auto water top up ?
any one have any plans or ideas for water topup for saltwater aquarium with out using a pump .- Strange behaviour...
Found this but not sure where to get (Ecolibrium Æ) Fortunately Fish-Vet Æ has today a product called Ecolibrium Æ, which allows successful treatment of this scourge, and is harmless to all Invertebrates. We will be pleased to advise any Hobbyist where this product can be obtained form a dealer in your area. No test kits are needed & it biodegrades after a week, when treatment is ceased. http://www.customaquatic.com/customaqua ... V&catID=md- Water changes
When I do normal water change I just turn off heater drain sump , refill sump and turn on heater till water is correct temp , in winter add second heater to speed up. When back to temp turn on return pump works well and cleans out crap from sump.- Water changes
I vacuum most of gravel every two to three months but only 1-2 cm deep stir it in buckets and return to tank.- Clown fish does not look well.
I've got 4 20 liter containers I think high tide is around 8 ish tonight but do'nt collect from Beachlands use Maraeti wharf (there has been a lot of algie polluting local beaches. )- Basic Setup Needs for a Marine Tank
4 should be fine .- Basic Setup Needs for a Marine Tank
Do not Keep a anemone with only two tubes they require more light than this . Fish and shrimps fine .- Return noise
I have an 32mm overflow pipe in my tank to return water to sump (no overflow just pipe) it has 45 degree bend inside at top of tank to take water out then 45 degree bend to take water down under tank. There is a split to two pipes under tank both with taps one for skimmer and the other to return water to sump . Any one know of any way to cut down gurgling.- Help, my blue tang has the white spots
try a cleaner shrimp they are good at keeping tangs white spot free- Lighting on/off - when?
blues on at 1000 AM to 1100 PM halids on at 1100 AM to 1000 PM- copperband
Do you have any yellow polys and if so is copper band leaving them alone - Dive and snorkel sites in south Pacific