Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kevan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kevan

  1. Saw a couple of tanks in a book that Duke loaned me were they pump water thru a pipe that is buried undergroun and this is supposed to cool tank down (would be cheaper to run than a chiller )
  2. kevan replied to puttputt's topic in Saltwater
    can you adjust the angle of revelution so instead of 360 it covers 240 degree relelution
  3. kevan replied to kevan's topic in Saltwater
    anemone cost $150 few years ago and was about the size of old twenty cent piece .since then has split into three . Gave one away that died and still have another over the back about same size.Photo does not do anemone justice.
  4. kevan replied to kevan's topic in Saltwater
    Just moved some off the corals higher but every thng is growing
  5. Yes, it went brown while I had my corals in storage tank while upgrading but after upgrade I used Zeospur 2 and colour was back to better than before
  6. problem with a leather not looking right all week only thing I changed was water flow from one nozzel (moved it to put a little more flow on it) but I think I've found problem .We had a power cut Monday night and the lights on timer are staying on for extra couple of hours . Reset timer last night and leather had a good sleep and now looking better.
  7. kevan replied to kevan's topic in Saltwater
    Thanks its not my tank but my brothers its full of them .
  8. kevan posted a topic in Saltwater
    I know this has been discussed but is there any fish that will deal to flat worms (manderin or six line wrasse maybe)?
  9. kevan replied to Tom_Shannon's topic in Saltwater
    Can someone explain the balling method in a bit of detail.
  10. for out of towner's excuse pore quality but did it in lunch break
  11. kevan replied to kevan's topic in Saltwater
    Every thing is going well having a few problems with temp fluctuations but adding another 150 w heater to exiting 450 w and putting them more in direct flow has made it better (22c - 24c) but could do with some insulation especially on return pipe to tank. Could still do with more light but power bill getting high so will have to make do.
  12. I use a 20litre container with a tap from pay less plastics I can adjust the drip rate to very low . tryed with a smaller container but drip rate is too varied and stops if you try to turn right down.
  13. kevan replied to chimera's topic in Saltwater
    http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004- ... /index.php
  14. One suggestion if you are viewing from both sides is to go wider than 600 mm 750 mm would be better if possible. The wider the better especially if tank to be view from both sides or corals tend to be too close to glass.
  15. Number one (0 phospates)
  16. kevan replied to lduncan's topic in Saltwater
    2 x 150w DE 1 x 250w DE 20k
  17. kevan replied to Bubbles's topic in Saltwater
    I wish i had extenal overflow on side of tank. one thing I realy wish i had done was to have two overflow outlets one for normal use and one at the top as an emergency overflow (for if anithing blocks main overflow )
  18. kevan replied to tel's topic in Saltwater
    I was using before moving tank and will start again but at moment just using amino acids and used zeospur2 once in new tank. I still have the old zeolites running but they need replacing and I have to buy some more zeostart.
  19. kevan replied to chimera's topic in Saltwater
    About 910 litres and have 1 x 300w and 1 x 150 w no controler and running tank between 22.9 - 24 C . summer have room air conditioned so last year kept temp to about 26C. New tank has sump in garage with 10 m of piping so hope this will have cooling effect in summer (no chiller) . I have not insulated sump yet so will do this weekend and my temp should stay closer to 24 c .
  20. What are you doing with lights?
  21. kevan replied to kevan's topic in Saltwater
    I collect water from Beachland or Maraitai wharf depending on wind direction and water condition .
  22. kevan replied to kevan's topic in Saltwater
    I was very impessed with before and after pics Chimera on T5 s
  23. kevan replied to kevan's topic in Saltwater
    Link sorted. Bill Mod
  24. kevan replied to kevan's topic in Saltwater
    I'm going to add 4 T5s when I can aford it 2 at back (1 blue 1 white tube ) and same at front . Just added two old blue floro tubes in meantime . IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/kbygate/DSCF5020.jpg My blue acro was brown after being in hoding tank but comeing back to blue. and anemone has grow split into three before I pulled old tank down gave one away and the two are growing.
  25. maybe we can start sending frags back to the reefs :lol: :lol:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.