Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Caryl

Financial Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Caryl

  1. My only problem with some, like 7, is they require precision cutting. Since I cut them up on a cheap guillotine this is not possible so a lot of time would be wasted trimming white bits off when I miss :roll:
  2. Updated 5(a) and Card 6
  3. Yes, I find the font hard to read
  4. It is zev's girls who are doing all the baking, not me (at the moment anyway but the tins are empty so I will have to do some soon)
  5. Caryl replied to wellmax's topic in Diseases
    lfs usually have a bottle with "Fin Rot Cure" written on it.
  6. Caryl replied to ducati's topic in Freshwater
    I remember a conference we had on the North Shore where they set up demo tanks for our viewing. The goldfish breeder was filling the tanks using the fire hose. The smell of chlorine was very strong. He then dropped the goldfish in. He claimed he never treated to remove the chlorine and it never bothered the fish. His goldfish were huge and excellent quality.
  7. OK, here is card 5 received today so some wish to re-vote
  8. I think you just evened up the points between 2 and 4 :roll:
  9. I thought the French were supposed to be well known for their culinary skills. Does this not include chocolate cake? :lol:
  10. Only to those who have heard it before
  11. I think card 2 is starting to edge out card 4 8) I actually like them all! :roll:
  12. I am a fan if them in small tanks and never had problems growing plants over the filter plates. The trick is to make sure the substrate is a decent depth You can never have too much filtration.
  13. Caryl replied to Bobyn's topic in Welcome
    Welcome. There is a great bunch of fishkeepers in ChCh!
  14. Or perhaps it has and that is as good as he gets :-?
  15. Willl he still be able to sing (I assume he can now but have only ever seen a bit on TV where he just repeats the word "Baby" over and over :roll: ) once his voice breaks?
  16. Merv Smith's model railway (can't remember where it is) All the lfs
  17. I didn't realise that was what they used. I guessed they would have one of those weird flat round types. We have lots of AAAs here as Grant buys them bulk. Went to get the thermometer and can't find it! :lol: Last time I saw it, it was above the tank. It can't have fallen in as the lid is in the way. Grant must have taken it and put it on his desk. It will never be seen again! :roll:
  18. I know they have replacement batteries but I have to remember to find out which ones then remember to buy a replacement
  19. OK here are the 4 submitted. Which do you think? Does it give you another idea? Perhaps a combination of some? You may like some aspects and not others. For instance, card 3 was designed so no matter which way around the card was in the wallet (assuming it was short end in and facing front :lol: ), it would be easy to spot! Card 1 Card 2 Card 3 Card 4 Thanks to those who took the time to design them :bounce:
  20. You think we should point him to wok's chocolate cake recipe too?
  21. I have one like Ira's as well but the battery died a long time ago. They were about $9.95 on special at Dick Smith's. I use a large (so I can read it easily) glass thermometer 30cm long and as thick as a syphon hose. Grant also has an electronic thermometer but he usually has it with him in the work vehicle and he is never here when I want to check the temperature of the tank! :roll:
  22. I have been listening to Dave Dee, Dozey, Beaky, Mick and Tich :lol: Ah the good old days :lol: :lol: 8)
  23. 640 is to do with some screen widths to prevent people having to scrolll across to see the whole pic.
  24. Caryl replied to Caryl's topic in Diseases
    Spots gone, another 12cm BN dead, but no deaths (I don't think) for 2 days now. I think we may be over the worst. UV has been running 8 days I think (thanks for that).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.