Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Brennos

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Brennos

  1. Brennos replied to Fay's topic in Saltwater
    WOW! That is amazing. I could spend hours set up in front of that. Who needs a tv!
  2. Did you ever get one of these, I want one about the same time.
  3. Brennos replied to Brewerchch's topic in Freshwater
    Mine were ok with bumblebee gobys. I didnt dare try them with anything else.
  4. Brennos replied to Mcculloch's topic in Saltwater
    Any chance of some pics of what you did to mod the tank. If its simple enough I will buy one next week for a desk tank. 1 clown, 1 shrimp, 1 beer. And I'm happy.
  5. I have 2x Bristlenoses 3x Rams 13x Cardinal Tetras. All good for the last 6 months or so.
  6. I can take him off your hands if you wish, My 2 are pretty good though, no fighting, they tend to hang next to each other all the time, Hopefully yours isn't too aggressive.
  7. My puffer Tank:
  8. I don't think I have enough light for red plants. the tank is rather deep.
  9. Soda stream bottles will not work. That isn't to say that you couldn't get an adapter from en engineering place. hardest part would be getting something to open the valve on the soda stream bottle. I might look into it later.
  10. Gorse! You truely are a legend. It usually has all the great structure like a tree. Off to northland.
  11. Supasi is right. I am seriously considering doing something like this as well...
  12. My uv is in there, but isn't on. you have a keen eye I might add. Yeah more cardinals would be awesome, I was thinking the same. I like the marble hatchets, but they are super expensive. I like my massive sword plant. But yeah It might be too much. Might try and sell it. and replace it with something?
  13. Anything you would change/add P44? http://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/g40 ... 000384.jpg That is a link to my photo bucket account with a slide show of all the pics I took.
  14. Made up a new piece of drift wood today, and thought you guys might like to see what it looks like now. plants are Dwarf sag, Java fern, Java moss And that massive sword... oh and I added 3 bunches of Lysimachia nummularia 'Aurea' as per P44's advice. Cheers again man. The new driftwood is the spiral shaped to the right. Ignore the rock, that's only there to weight the wood down for a while (hopefully) Pics:
  15. Marble Hatchets are very expensive... Can not afford right now.
  16. Hmm Half used since the 29th. not a good sign at all. Have kicked it back to 1 bubble every 2 seconds, Might have to turn it off at nights. If it uses 88g in 2 weeks, its not going to be good value. if the sodastream bottle fits it will be outstanding value.
  17. Moss Competition sounds awesome. I have emailed greg about a tank, $45. I have lights, all i need is a filter, and obviously some wood. of to Maraetie over the next few days.
  18. I can't help regarding the wood piggy, but I am definatly keen to try this. If i can source a decent tank for not much money, I will attempt it. I have a t8 light hood, and 2 clip on 6500k light bulbs, just need a hob filter or something like that. And the wood of course.
  19. What kind of tank is it? Is it a converted freshwater?
  20. that is very cool. I'm tempted to get me a small (60x30x30) tank and try it.
  21. I am actually getting me a powerhead this week as there isn't enough water movement, I was looking at getting two, one high, and one low, the lower one to help shift detrius from the gravel. I admit I leave my lights on for FAR to long, as in 8am till 10 pm. I will get a timer while I'm at it. 8 hours enough? Liquid carbon and co2 injection?
  22. Dimensions & volume of tank: Height 57cm. Width 60cm. depth 37. AR620T Like this Lighting: Stock 2x 18w fluro, and 2x 20inch 20w power glo t8's Substrate: black gravel from HFF about 50mm deep all round Plants: Massive Amazon Sword, lots of Java Fern, Dwarf sag?? grass. Getting rid of the repens soon and going with something p44 recommended Fish stocking: 2 juvenile Discus, 13 cardinal tetras, 1 electric blue ram, 2 adult bristlenoses Goals: NO ALGAE, and a lush health tank. Currently after about 3 days the glass gets a green spray paint like algae all over it. CO2: I have a Fluval 88g co2 setup at around 1bubble per second, and all my plants are pearling like you wouldn't believe Filtration: Aqua One CF1200, and a UV filter. Currently I am dosing with PMDD off trademe at around 6 drops daily. I don't mind spending a few hundred on lighting and other bits if I can get something that will work for my tank, and look nice. the lights need to be able to be raised up off the tank about 30-50mm to let the have the filter tubing go over the tank rim. Pics:
  23. Brennos replied to phoenix44's topic in Aquatic Plants
    THAT. IS. AWESOME! Everytime I see your tank, I think more and more about ditching the Marine set-up (I'm saving for) and going 6ft planted Amazon tank.
  24. I reckon it might to be honest. the bigger of the two appears to have a similar size thread. I will try it once the bottle runs out. and let you know
  25. Brennos replied to gagaforfish's topic in Freshwater
    anyone know of any cutting templates/lists for stand making?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.