Hi Everyone

carznkats

Hi I'm new to the forum thing, but keep finding this site when i'm searching for info on potential fish, so i thought i would join up...

I have three tanks at the moment a new 5 ft tank which we are setting up as a community/cichlid tank, our old 3 ft tank which we will be setting up as a discus tank and a hexagonal tank which we are hoping to set up as a coldwater seahorse tank, but unfortunetly we can't find any available at the moment :( so it is currently being used as a growing on tank for for neons and danios, as well as our siamese fighter fish...

Hi There

Welcome to the Forum. Seahorses are getting harder to get. There are two types in New Zealand, the Pot Bellied Seahorse and the Kuda Seahorse. With the closure of the Seahorse Farm in Napier Potbellied Seahorses are not really available. But the breeding season starts up around October so you might see some around the end of the year.

On the other hand Kuda Seahorses are available through Hollywoods in Auckland and sometimes through Deco Pets in Napier. Check with both shops as i am sure they would consider couriering them, but warning they are expensive. The other great thing about the Kuda is you can set up a tropical marine tank and have corals and a few less aggressive fish such as clown fish and shrimps.

Good luck with your search

Seahorsemad

Hi have a 2 blue acaras, 2 Geophagus surimensis, 2 severums, 5 clown loaches, 2 decorated synodontus, 2 tiger loaches, 2 striata loaches, 2 blue gouramis, 2 golden gouramis, 3 pearl gouramis, 3 apollo sharks, 3 bala sharks, several bristlenoses, 2 upside down cats, and some dwarf gouramis (which might end up being moved once the cichlids get too big!) :lol:

• 2 weeks later...