Jebo Heaters

PETEYPLECO

Hi, I have two 150w Jebo heaters heating my 200L tank. They work well once you get the temp adjusted correctly, i have my ones set at 24 deg on the heater to achieve 27deg in the tank. I have only had mine going for around 4 months with no problems yet.

i have had troubles with mine, it never held temperature properly. it wouldnt switch on until the temp dropped to 25, turn on, heat up to 27 and let it drop back down again :evil: a breeder i know also had this problem so its not just me :lol: . i have found my aqua ones have always been ok though and theyre not much more expensive

i've got 2 300watt and a 50 watt JEBO going and the 300 watts are fine its the 50 watt that is playing up. i've got it set on 22 degrees and it sometimes shots up to 25 before dropping back down.

i wouldn't necessary say aquaone is better mind u they probably came out of the same factory in China :roll:

i wouldnt say they are better either but i have had nothing but trouble with my two jebo so dont use them any more. if i have to replace/buy new heaters i get stainless now, so much easier to use so my tanks will slowly be changing over to them

If you only need one or two heaters, I would buy a Jager. A world better as far as quality goes - 3 year guarantee, toughened glass, you can calibrate the temperature dial, electronic thermostate - quality. All the cheap heaters are cheap for a reason. It is normal for them to need a 2 degree shift in temperature to turn on and off.

Those ones on trademe arn't fully submersable just so you know.

My jebo 300w heat sux!!! I had heaps of trouble with the heat being from 25 to 33, so I put it into a 40ltr tank and it seems to keep that at a even temp BUT i wouldn't buy another jebo!!!!

I haven't had any problems with my aqua one heaters but I do keep a close eye on the temp after having the jebo

Saying 'not submersible' is just their way of getting out of replacing heaters due to moisture build up, leaks, etc and not being held responsable if somebody gets a bit of a tank zap.

I have, and know others who run Masterpet heaters which in the fine print say 'not fully submersable' but still use them submerssed. In their installation diagrams, I didnt see the top part out of the water. If electrocution is a real worry, just turn off the heaters before putting hands in tank, although even a cracked Jager can do this to you.

I've heard of Jebo's catching fire (under water, so no house burn etc), and not sealing properly, however the 3 I have work fine (25W,150W,150W).

I have two Masterpet 300W heaters, which work fine and keep a stable temp.

I have three new AquaClear 150W heaters, and two old ones. One of the old ones developed so much moisture inside it, it ended up staying on, thankfully I got to it in time. The other four all contain moisture (3 of them only a month or so old) but operate perfectly.

Dispite the moisture, what annoys me with the AquaClear is that they are hard to adjust, and there is no indicator (no matter how vauge or inaccurate) to give an estimate of temperature change. Both Jebo and Masterpet are cheap, none of mine have moisture build up, are easy to adjust, and if I turn their dials from 27 to 26 I know my temp will roughly drop 1 deg C. This is a life saver when adjusting the temp of multiple heaters per tank, I want to lower my planted tank temperature, but have not done so due to the three AquaClear 150s I'd need to adjust and its just too much of a pain in the pooper.

So strangely out of my heaters (all cheap AquaClear, Jebo, Masterpet), the AquaClear is the only one with moisture build up, (I have 5, all 5 have moisture, only 1 led to failure but it was very old). I was annoyed because I paid extra for AquaClear due to being told the problems with Jebo, but ironcally its my AquaClears that are fogging up, and my Jebo's that look shiny and new and are easily adjustable.

Irrelevant of instructions all my heaters are full submersed, and on a 45-60 degree angle, and have filters nearby blowing towards them if available.

Oh and be careful opening the Masterpet heater packs!!! I purchased two, I opened one, and puddles opened the other, we BOTH broke one of the clips, so when removing the heater make sure you take the cardboard insert out WITH the heater, do NOT RIP THE HEATER OUT. $21 for a 300W, 'twas a bargin, and it left me money to buy sand wooo!

If its true quality you want, I've been advised (and agree) that SwitchedOnGardener's stainless steel heaters with external thermostats are a much better alternative to Jager glass, and the same price if not cheaper. No more dodgy bi-metal, solid state electronics for the win!

Just my 2c

Just to add my bit, have a Fluval Tronic heater 300 watts, and its great! had my greedy eye on a Jager but they were out of stock, and the guy gave me a good deal on the tronics. Its 300 watts in a 223l tank, and temp flux is about 1 degree (28 and 29). :D Just had to say that cos no one had mentioned them yet :)