log book

chimera

what does everyone use for a logbook? (if any) do you know if you can buy them specifically? course i could mock one up but its nice if there is everything in it. if you use electronic logbook, what software do you use? i usually write down test kit info on bits of paper but am forever losing them :-?

14 column money analysis book. :D column setup works well but i never keep track of the 'money' for obvious reasons. :lol:

i track tests and additions, w/c's, changes,lamps and additives etc. less and less every month tho...

My partner uses this software to keep track of everything

http://www.infinitysoft.net/ReefCon/

Anyone been able to run this on an XP system? The spec is pretty old, and I get a 16bit error when I try running the install. But the software looks really good, and the online that hooks in looks ok to. Think they had 58 different monti's listed :lol: . But a few were missing pictures.

test results usually end up on bits of paper and get lost, however dates of things such as water changes, bulb replacement, zeovit replacement etc all go on a whiteboard in the sump room. thats mega convenient, but the test kit and dosing history is more what i need.

hmmm, maybe i write one for windows... something simple but practical. if i have time i'll mock one up then let ya know everyone can use and let me know what needs improving on it :D

Be interested to see what you come up with Chimera.

I'm just on scraps of paper, works well, doesn't crash, but messy, adds even more to the general chaos in my office. If you could put out something even simple folks like me could master I'd probably use it.

Anyone been able to run this on an XP system? The spec is pretty old, and I get a 16bit error when I try running the install. But the software looks really good, and the online that hooks in looks ok to. Think they had 58 different monti's listed :lol: . But a few were missing pictures.

I downloaded it last night to see how it runs, installed no problem and I run windows XP Professional. I know my partner uses Windows 2000.

Did you run the setup wizard after you installed the software otherwise you might get problems.

hmmm, maybe i write one for windows... something simple but practical

There's a lot of IT professionals here (myself included). There's no reason we couldn't make an online version? Platform independent, centralised data storage. It wouldn't be very difficult.

Bubs

Why not just include an additional page to those who start a tank thread that enables them to include there test stats.

Makes sense to keep it all in one package, very simple to just a PHP script and access to a mysql db which I am sure the website has.