Show us your hard to keep corals

TM

Is that in the shop or in your home?

We will be in ChCh this weekend setting up my son and his partner's 3ft tropical tank so will be doing the rounds of lfs for suitable inhabitants. (I realise that is not a suitable inhabitant :wink: )

The size of that piece is about 10cm when it is fully out.

Has any one ever been able to bring in frozen rotifers. I no biosupplys tryed to but it was going to cost to much to get them treated. any other fresh products???

Is that in the shop or in your home?

We will be in ChCh this weekend setting up my son and his partner's 3ft tropical tank so will be doing the rounds of lfs for suitable inhabitants. (I realise that is not a suitable inhabitant :wink: )

home, the shop has quite a few fish though

Cookie, I thought the devils hand was a leather type coral

it is. just hard to see in the picture. was quite a bit bigger when i got it, got lost in the move to the new house. couldn't find it so gave up in the end. :-? and then found by pure chance in my overflow. :roll: its doing great at the moment, then again must have been doing great without me for the last couple of years or it wouldn't be here anymore. :-?

I'm having luck with my Hard corals all growing like crazy But... Candy Cane and green metallic mushrooms are dieing slowly just fading away? Cant work that out?

Hmmm... I have the opposite problem. The monti I got from you is still doing really well, but some of the hard corals I got from Cookie faded away. All my soft corals are doing really well and my green brain is doing well too. I'm sure the biggest issue for me is lack of calcium. I'll have to do some tests.

Turbastrea coral.

tubastrea_4.jpg

Reef, for this coral to look this healthy, you must be spot feeding?? If so, do you find it to be a PITA (given that this is a "hard to keep" thread, it probably goes without saying :wink: ).

I previously had both the orange and yellow versions of this coral. Absolutely beautiful, but eventually got rid of them since I grew tired of the feeding requirements to keep them from receding. I can be a bit lazy. :oops:

I couldnt keep mine and the water quality wanted.It started to fade away after 3 months.

I tryed spot feeding which worked but very labour intensive and not enough to make it thrive.But anything is possible these days.Good luck.