STOLEN ORANDA

littlelater

I have had some excitment in my house today.

I was supposed to receive some beautiful Oranda, Large Chocolate, Large Calico, and 3 babies.

They were supposed to be delivered by Newzealand Couriers.

I was starting work at 10.00am so i was getting worried when they had not turned up by 9.00am. So i rang the courier company. They said that they had definately left Auckland but they had no record of them being delivered to me as yet, but they would look into it. Next thing the courier driver turns up on my doorstep and says to me ."didn't you get your fish" ? "i left them on your doorstep this morning".....WHAT!! i said left them on my doorstep? why would you do that. Did you not see that it said LIVE FISH on it....you should have knocked on my door. ......

Well they have gone now.

All i can hope is that whoever does have them realises what they have and know how to look after them.

Wish me luck in finding them...i think my chances are slim.

The funny thing is though, i left my pram on the doorstep the other night ( a nice 3 wheel pram) and we frequently leave our shoes out there, but nothing has ever been stolen.

Q .... theiving neighbours..... or theiving courier driver!! God knows.

But im really upset about the welfare of the fish.

perhaps that courier driver has lost the parcel or something and is trying to cover his butt?

i always have a fear of stuff getting stolen from outside, i just received another pair of docs which are worth around 5/600 or so and was stressing i might not be home to get them. the man pressed the doorbell but being in my jamas i didnt answer, we have a closet like thing by the door where he stuck the boots which i thought was good of him.

i think it might be NZ couriers who wont leave a parcel there if your not there to receive it. i also like that but that probably isnt much good when it comes to fish :-?

hopefully someone saw this lovely package and thought 'oh, dvd player' or something and when they open it see its fish and have the heart to return it, even if its in the middle of the night so noone sees. i got my fingers crossed for you bud that you get them back and whoevers got them brings em back. perhaps asking the few houses around you might help (if your street it anything like mine you might have a little old lady who spends her day watching everyone and their houses lol)

Ohhhh LL, :(:(

Thats really sad to hear, Funny how u say the Courier Driver left them on the Doorstep, and they mysteriously disappeared, yet u leave yor pram out on the doorstep and its still there the next mornin. :roll: :roll:

HMMMMMMM, I'm thinkin u have a Fishy Lover Courier Driver, Not that I'm pointing the finger at anybody LOL :evil: :evil: :evil:

Do hope u get it sorted and u find yor beloved Fishys, even tho I think yor chances r pretty slim, I have to say. :(:(:(

Good Luck Anyways in finding them

Lynda

I've been to LLs house in the past and have to say that anyone trying to steal anything off that porch is a bit of a daredevil, as it's extremely visible for about half a block in every direction.... unless you've moved?

I prefer all my parcels to be delivered with sig req to prevent something like this happening. Some couriers/posties get lazy and just drop things off unattended instead of leaving card-to-calls but I have a feeling that will stop soon, as online and auction sales pick up to greater volumes and thieves get wise to the fact that boxes on doorsteps now quite oft contain valuables.

Bugger of it all is that couriers claim no responsibility or cover it insurance-wise if they have a driver saying it was delivered.

Good luck to your fishies, LL. I'd ask your LFS to keep an eye out for someone frantically asking about how to care for fancy goldfish... but I think your nearest LFS is in Palmy, aye?

Hey thanks guys for your good wishes.

I am going to go up and down the street when i get home from work and knock on peoples doors asking if anyone saw anything.

The thing is the courier said he dropped it off at about 6.30am(bloody early) we had a package dropped off from a different courier at 7.45am and Terry went out to that courier and didn't trip over a box of fish so it was taken between those times.

I will keep everyone up to date.

The guy that i brought the Oranda from is really lovely and said to me i am not to worry as he will send me some more fish.

But i am more worried about these other Oranda hoping that a child doesn't have them swimming around in there mums cooking bowl?!!

We often come home to several thousands of dollars worth of computer equipment sitting on the doorstep. Luckily we live in a back section so stuff can't be seen from the road.

*Checks yearbook for Caryl's address and ferry prices*

When's your next shipment supposed to arri...Errr, I mean you're lucky!:P

If someone did steal them I seriously doubt they knew it was fish. Probably just grabbed it hoping it was something easy to sell quick, but goldfish they'll probably figure is just garbage. Probably been tossed in a ditch somewhere or kicked around for a little fun then tossed in a ditch.

I admit I haven't had fish shipped much at all and when I have I have made sure the courier company knows they are coming, it's on a day when I am off and now I also tell them "don't deliver I'll pick up".

I just don't like the idea of live fish bouncing around the back of a courier van for who knows how long. I have to say that the fish I've had dropped at the door (quite literaly) and the fish I have picked up are like night and day. The one's that have been picked up seemed to have faired better. However they all did survive.

*Checks yearbook for Caryl's address and ferry prices*

When's your next shipment supposed to arri...Errr, I mean you're lucky!:P

If someone did steal them I seriously doubt they knew it was fish. Probably just grabbed it hoping it was something easy to sell quick, but goldfish they'll probably figure is just garbage. Probably been tossed in a ditch somewhere or kicked around for a little fun then tossed in a ditch.

The only reason they wouldn't known if they were fish would be if they couldn't read becasue it had clearly on the lid in Black vivid LIVE FISH.

But im gonna sleep alot better on that information thanks...

I have been talking with the Police about it just so they can keep and ear out......i have also rang the LFS and the local Schools.

Not alot else i can do for now. I am just wishing that someone feels guilty about it and pops them back on my doorstep tonight. doubt it though :-(

Hi there, prob is i can't see if they ticked the box because i don't have the parcel.

I will try to get through to the manager though. The desk ladies at nzcouriers are pretty slack in helping me out. Doubt they will give me there details though for the manager...but Fair GO might have better luck aye!!

Hi there,

No news, and the courier company are not going to do a thing about it.

But the guy who sent them to me has since sent me replacement lot, which i am very happy to say have arrived and are swimming around my tank as we speak. But this time they were delivered at the depot in the morning and i was expecting them the following morning, and they didn't arrive ...i was starting to think maybe im just not meant to have these fish?, i finally got hold of the courier company and they said becasue of the power cuts in Auckland they had not left the depot but i should expect them the following morning. i was starting to get very worried as to wether they would be alive when i received them.

The bigger of the 4 was laying on it's side and it's movements were quite slow, i made the transition for them into the main tank nice and easy and added some Salt to the water.......i then had to head off to work......and i when i got home he was fine.

So unfortunately someone out there has five beautiful Oranda......?