tels tank

tel

yeah i went to all this effort for some mollies.......i dont think so tim!! :)

might have to resort to damsels with the dearth of yellow tangs....i have actually got some potassium cyanide from a previous job if i have difficulty catching them later.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new toys now installed :)

:hail: 6100 streams

:hail: 7095 controller

:hail: arcadia 3 mh :hail:

now let the fun begin :bounce: it has been a long time but worth the wait.

my tank now needs stocking but i'd like to say a big thankyou to everyone who gave me good advice and the benefit of their experience.

more beginners questions sure to follow :lol:

That's a point of debate, good reasons for and against, but my humble opinion is a 100% water change to get rid of any remaining nasties and have a nice clean start.

consider the 40/20 rule instead. specifically for reducing nitrates, but less impact all the same:

http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/nitrat ... 091901.htm

speaking of which im gonna go get some water from taka tonight, hopefully the weather holds out :D high tide just after 8pm so might go at 7 :-?

If it's only bacterial contamination it probably won't be much of an issue.

The water around Herald Island would be fairly prone to contaminants, I would have thought, as it is kind of an estuary. Better one of the west coast beaches if you can somehow do it. Difficult though with all the surf etc.

The water around Herald Island would be fairly prone to contaminants, I would have thought, as it is kind of an estuary. Better one of the west coast beaches if you can somehow do it. Difficult though with all the surf etc.

Thanks Wasp, i would rather west coast to, the water looks ok through the channel, but looks can be deceiving i suppose.

i put a humbug in my tank and then thought better of it after a few people told me he would be a real pest and think he owned the tank,as he was first in. stopped feeding him 3 days ago. in with the trusty old bait catcher and 1/2 a mussel, worked a treat! :) beats pulling all the rockwork out :)