Southlanders Speak Up!!

Maxy

You could but you are unlikely to get much response. Better to say "A meeting is being held such and such a time and date for anyone interested in forming an aquarium club locally."

If you just ask "is anyone interested?" it is not specific enough.

I would love to of given it a go and even started to design my own flyers for it but reason for why I didn't go a head with it is because I have a young family which does take up most of my time in the evenings and wouldn't allow for me to take on the role of organiser and what not. But I am seriously interested if one was to be started. I need an excuse to get out of the house hehehe

Auckland Fishkeepers is at 7.30pm

gives the members time to get home.. have dinner and then get to the meeting. (bah humbug.... traffic)

we hold ours in a community hall

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and good luck. :hail:

We can do with a lot more enthusiasm within the hobby to make it what it USED TO BE and get a lot more people interested.

Get on to the LOCAL COMMUNITY NEWSPAPER and explain what you are trying to do. Get them to send around a reporter to get a story and some piccies and get it in the Local Rag ALL FOR FREE.

Believe me it works. I did it in Nelson last month and we had a meeting where ten people turned up, but I had interest from those in the original Nelson Club that will come on board when we are up and running.

PM or email me if you need to know anything else.

I may be able to help.