Waikato club upcoming events

dave

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

This month weare having the first of our 2 anual tank crawls followed by a club meeting at our new venue Waikato bridge clubrooms, 56 brookfield st, Hamilton eastat 6pm . The meeting will include spot prize veiwing of tanks via a didgital camera plugged into TV then fish and chip night.Could everyone please bring $5 to go towards dinner .

We will bestarting the tank crawl at 2:30pm at 7 mountbatten place, dinsdale, hamilton Looks like there will be around 10ish members places we will be veiwing within Hamilton .Thisis a good oppinnunity to veiwa fewtanks ad get ideas andshareknowledge about our hobby of fishkeeping. Everyone is welecome for if you would like more details feel free to pm myself, hands or luke

Dave

Sweet Tanksman yep tankcrawl followed by the meeting. Is easy to miss though ;)Everyone please note this is next Sunday 3rd* of September. Catch you then

*edit, yes 3rd of Sept dang calendars that put sunday at the start of the week :roll: :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

How many new venues do we need? Can't keep up with all the surprise announcements coming out in the upside down back to front newsletter. Would be good to get a reciept at least for my fees and a membership card but I guess thats too much to ask. Maybe I need to buy more obsolete stock being passed as new at our auctions to get a fair deal. :evil:

This month weare having the first of our 2 anual tank crawls followed by a club meeting at our new venue Waikato bridge clubrooms, 56 brookfield st, Hamilton eastat 6pm .

Sorry you missed us, but the address was stated, not like it was in the small print.... :roll:

The one thing that i would like to ask tanksman is Did you get a newsletter and yearbook. If so did you read it???.Belive it or not we do all we can to keep club members informed of club happennings and i do not belive that since we have capated you you should be getting all forms of commucation. Yes maybe we could have put something at the old venue. I should not have to explain why we have got a new venue apart that the club is rapidly growing and there are good benefits for the club. Lastly your comment about what you brought at the auction i have told you that if you are unhappy with it that we will give you your money back but there are also other members that are interested in your purchase if you are that unhappy about it . Lastly recepits are usually given out at meetings so i hope to see you at the next one so you can get one :D

Hi,

It was great seeing everyone, even if it was for a short while. I was a little bit of a deer in headlights with so many people at once, lol. Thank you all so much for your kind comments and support. It really means a lot.

Hope the rest of the meeting went well. Maybe next crawl I'll be able to tag along, little man woke up cranky after his nap and there was no way we'd have held it together during the meeting.

Post some pics up here! I want to see everyone else's stuff. :D

-Jenn

The membership cards should be on the way soon. It takes time to get these things done by a few volunteers (who also work fulltime and do the FNZAS stuff for free) while others sit back and complain.

Tanksman should have received both his AW and his YB as he is on my mailing list. The venue is clearly listed in Waikato's heading.

As to his newsletter coming out backwards and/or upsidedown, I suggest he checks his printer settings as mine came out correctly.

Hehe was a bit of a crowd of us Jenn, that is a good idea to get some pics here I think as a lot of pics were certainly taken, and some video thanks to our vice pres :)

The newsletter was great but I agree it is quite hard to follow if you just read it online without printing it out, KK if you send it to me I'm happy to try and manipulate the format so it's easy to read online and then we can send it out from there?

Even tho I havn't seen the new new venue yet it must be better than the little one where we had the Auction. But you don't expect your club to keep moving like it is of no fixed abode. If the message had of said we have a NEW new venue I might have taken more notice. And I am not the only one - There were 3 others besides me who were waiting at the old new venue.

When you only get a chance to attend about 1 in 3 meetings it leaves a bit of a sour taste when you finally can get there and it's not even there anymore.

Even tho I havn't seen the new new venue yet it must be better than the little one where we had the Auction. But you don't expect your club to keep moving like it is of no fixed abode.

We understand your concerns but the change from TeAroha St to Dawson St was link house, we just had to move with them. As you stated, the venue at Dawson St was too small, and this oppertunaty came up...... i think we would of been fool not to take it......