micro nutrients

cees

Wow, this is a busy site ;-)

Anyway, just in case anyone is interested. I was just on the phone with Stockers (Cambridge)  aka hydroponics.co.nz.  They sell micro nutrient mix. BUT, they would not tell me what was in it. Refused to tell me % Fe, Mn etc etc.  Before I buy I would like to know what it is that I buy. Sounds reasonable to me.  Will not buy from them.

Search continues

I guess this site is not classified as social media.  Social media, what is that anyway ...

I know the recipes. I have my macros sorted. KNO3, KH2PO4, MgSO4, CaCl2 (or CaSO4) all fairly easy to get.  Trace elements is not (yet) economic to roll my own.  I have looked at and used the Yates chelated trace element solution one can buy at the garden center. It could work but I'm not keen on the lignosulphate used as chelating agent. Can't find reliable info on that. At least we know EDTA and DTPA work and are safe.  I run a hydroponics veggie garden as well but never worried much about the composition of the fertilizer.  Just bought 10kg general fertilizer packs to last me a year.  But now, before I add the micro nutrients to my fish tank, I would like to know what's in it thank you very much.  It's not as if hydroponics is rocket science or even a trade secret. Everybody knows, or can look up, what is required. If a  fertilizer mix  or other additive doesn't disclose the composition than I'm not really interested adding to my fish tank. If I was a commercial hydroponics grower I would definitely want to know what I am being supplied with.

I have one other source I still need to speak with. Will keep you posted.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2018 at 2:29 PM, cees said:

It's not as if hydroponics is rocket science or even a trade secret. Everybody knows, or can look up, what is required.

I've got a small hydroponic setup too. :) You can try to look it up information, but good luck wading through 10,000 results on how to grow weed.