Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello from Wellington

Featured Replies

Hi all, nice to see that NZ has a healthy online population of fish enthusiasts!

I kept tropical fish in my teenage years and due to health, have recently had to switch to some less active hobbies. I decided it was time to get back into a bit of fish keeping. So far I have 5 tanks, 54 to 95l. I have a 240l ready to be set up as well. I mainly have guppies at this stage to get me going again. I'm aiming to create a stable strain from the mixture of fish I have picked up so far. Just keeping fish isn't enough for me so I'll be breeding fish as part of it (or trying to!). Currently I have swordtail, corydoras, bristlenose and kribensis. I'm planning to get some rams, tetras and dwarf gourami once my big tank is established.

I'm also big on aquascaping and plant cultivation, so am always on the hunt for new plants and ideas for my tanks. I have learnt very much over the last few months and have much more to learn.

Thanks for letting me in, I look forward to being part of the community here :)

Welcome. We hope you enjoy it here and get all the help or advice you need.
I have been clearing out a lot of plants from my own tank as the fish were needing machetes to get through! There is a lot of red rotala, Java moss and C affinis to spare.

Welcome! I'm sure you will find these forums invaluable I certainly have! Tanks are looking good. What type of rocks are those in the second picture?

  • Author
7 hours ago, Jcricket said:

Welcome! I'm sure you will find these forums invaluable I certainly have! Tanks are looking good. What type of rocks are those in the second picture?

I think it's a greywacke, from a darker vein. I spend a bit of time looking around for wood and rocks, these came from the south coast in Wellington

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.