My Gardneri Akure

Silverdollarboy2

I love these fish, do you or anyone else have any advice on keeping them in a community? Will a pair work well? I have a 20g with 6 male guppies a dwarf gourami and a bristlenose do you think the gourami would give the killi's a hard time? There is a beautiful pair at my LFS I would love to take home.

Congrats on the fry

Killies are not generally suitable as a community fish. Most are pretty nippy with other species. You can keep a tank of all males (either Nothos or other groups). They are like teenage boys---all bluff and bull but not a lot of damage done. The aim is to keep each strain straight so not a good idea to mix pairs of different types. 

On 1/20/2017 at 2:35 PM, Silverdollarboy2 said:

What type are you getting?

It's been a couple weeks since I've seen them and I'm a little lost as my head is full of all this Killi information I have been researching but I am sure they are also Gardneri Akure, going to go and see if they are still there this afternoon and confirm what they are. Tank seems to be ready so they should be coming home this week provided I have my facts straight about them. Very excited. What sort of setup do you have them in?

On 1/20/2017 at 2:35 PM, Silverdollarboy2 said:

What type are you getting?

They are the golden version of yours, do you have just a pair? Is it recommended to get two females to a male?

Can't believe they are still at the LFS they are absolutely stunning

Picking up on Saturday :yees: