Aqua One Aquis Canister Filters

Devrens

Awesome! Thanks for that. Are they quiet enough for a room aquarium?

As quiet as any others I've had.  Would depend on if it's in a cabinet, how close to your bet, how sensitive you are, etc.  I don't notice mine making any noise unless I get close to them or they've gotten really dirty so they buzz a bit.  

Great filters. The only downside is that they are about double the wattage of an Eheim equivalent filter. If you aren't worried about that then get one.

Equivalent how?  CF1200 according to specs is rated at 1200lph and looks like 22 watts.  Closest flow Eheim looks to be the Professional 3, 1250 at 18.  The 4 watt difference will pay back the $510 price difference Let's see....58 years. assuming $.25/kwh. :)

Equivalent how?  CF1200 according to specs is rated at 1200lph and looks like 22 watts.  Closest flow Eheim looks to be the Professional 3, 1250 at 18.  The 4 watt difference will pay back the $510 price difference Let's see....58 years. assuming $.25/kwh. :)

Sorry I should of been clearer. For example an Aqua one CF1000 is good for up to 200L and is 30W compared to say an Eheim 2213 which is good for up to 250L and is 8w.

Don't know if I'd trust an eheim to even manage half the rated volume.  I had a 2213 on a 100L tank and it couldn't even handle that,  dirty water, clogged  up within a week or two.  Replaced it with a Fluval 404 and it improved hugely.  Though, now I'd have replaced it with a CF1200.

Don't know if I'd trust an eheim to even manage half the rated volume.  I had a 2213 on a 100L tank and it couldn't even handle that,  dirty water, clogged  up within a week or two.  Replaced it with a Fluval 404 and it improved hugely.  Though, now I'd have replaced it with a CF1200.

I think that's the case with most filters though. The Eheim classic filters are a pain to clean and get clogged up quicker.

Wow! I've hardly ever had any problem with my Eheim filters. I've used their canisters as well as the internal pickup variants and I've been more than happy. I find they aren't the best if you're looking for crystal clear water, but as a biological filter I have 0 complaints. 

The only Eheim filters I personally can't stand are their Aquaball ones, they really do get clogged after hardly any use. :\ They've got ones out now called biopower that look similar, haven't tried them though as I was so disappointed with the Aquaball...

Edited by Devrens

• 4 years later...
On 11/26/2015 at 6:37 PM, Ira said:

Do you find CF 1200 perform  much better than the other two?