Buying fish

chris b

Hi I am looking at buying sum pacu for my pond from wonderworld rotorua but don't want to end up with silver dollars or something like that, has anyone brought from them? and do they no way they are selling? It is easy to mix them up when small and i haven't seen pics any help would be good thanks

Hi I am looking at buying sum pacu for my pond from wonderworld rotorua but don't want to end up with silver dollars or something like that, has anyone brought from them? and do they no way they are selling? It is easy to mix them up when small and i haven't seen pics any help would be good thanks

You can't keep a pacu in a pond in NZ, maybe WAAAY up north.  Definitely not in Timaru unless it's heated.

Thanks for the replys the pond is at 25 at 8 in the morning when I go to work it has 3 300w heaters which I think are just maintaining the temp over night the pond size is 4.5m by 3m by 1m.Thanks alexyay they said they are red bellyed I will get some ordered 

You may need to look at solar water heating for winter.

I will bring them inside over winter but in saying that solar would be cool to do I will keep an eye on trade me for a panel. As for herons etc the pond is 1m deep with vertical edges and fences nearly all around the only predators would be cats which don't get my goldfish so don't think will be a problem and once pucu get bigger I think the cats will have to watch the pucu haha

There are sum pics in the cold water section before the upgrade under my turtle/fish pond the upgrades are half done now so will get sum pics when finished.

I do have an empty 1200l tank spare at the moment but am wanting to build a plywood tank at sum stage for the winter