March 12, 201511 yr comment_559824 Link to photos of my 400 litre native aquarium, currently filled to 300 litres due to max chiller volume. Stocking is: 3 Giant Kokopu 1 Inanga 3 Koura ~10 Common Bullies ~5 Crans bullies 2 Redfinned Bullies 1 Upland Bully http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/kiwir ... ive%20Tank Report
March 12, 201511 yr comment_559826 Link to photos of my 400 litre native aquarium, currently filled to 300 litres due to max chiller volume. Stocking is: 3 Giant Kokopu 3 Inanga 1 Koura 10 Common Bullies 5 Crans bullies http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/kiwir ... ive%20Tank Where did ya get those crans bullies from? Report
March 12, 201511 yr Author comment_559827 Where did ya get those crans bullies from? Found them :ton: in a poly-box! Report
March 12, 201511 yr Author comment_559831 Not their usual habitat :rolfl: Only environment I've ever found them in :dunno: Report
March 12, 201511 yr comment_559834 Good job. I'd be tempted to try natives but I don't think I could handle two chillers whirring in the lounge. Report
March 12, 201511 yr Author comment_559835 Good job. I'd be tempted to try natives but I don't think I could handle two chillers whirring in the lounge. Thanks Report
March 16, 201511 yr comment_559908 Hey,what brand is your chiller and how much did it cost? I'm hoping to have one by next summer. Report
March 16, 201511 yr Author comment_559909 Hey,what brand is your chiller and how much did it cost? I'm hoping to have one by next summer. Hailea, cost $350 second hand. Report
March 16, 201511 yr comment_559910 Hey,what brand is your chiller and how much did it cost? I'm hoping to have one by next summer. Resun seems to be a decent brand, no issues with them so far but Hailea is definitely the better brand Report
March 16, 201511 yr comment_559911 Hailea, cost $350 second hand. Wow that's pricey for a second hand,I think I'll go with the resun. Report
March 22, 201511 yr comment_560097 Link to photos of my 400 litre native aquarium, currently filled to 300 litres due to max chiller volume. Stocking is: 3 Giant Kokopu 3 Inanga 2 Koura 10 Common Bullies 5 Crans bullies http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/kiwir ... ive%20Tank I'd full it right up. Chillers dont care about how much water is in the tank, only the thermal inputs. Report
March 22, 201511 yr Author comment_560107 I'd full it right up. Chillers dont care about how much water is in the tank, only the thermal inputs. Okay, thanks for that Report
March 22, 201511 yr comment_560116 Okay, thanks for that Well the do care to a point, as long as you dont go silly Report
April 25, 201511 yr Author comment_560607 Went for a trip down the Wellington-Kapiti area and brought back some new bullies. A Redfin male, a Redfin female, a Crans male and an Upland male (?) (Crans male in first pic is not a new addition, new Crans in next lot of photos) Report
July 15, 201511 yr comment_562471 Hi I am new and curious, can someone please tell me if Crans and Common Bullys will feed on small aquatic snails like physa acuta? Thanks for any guidance. Cheers Report
July 15, 201511 yr Author comment_562479 Hi I am new and curious, can someone please tell me if Crans and Common Bullys will feed on small aquatic snails like physa acuta? Thanks for any guidance. Cheers Hi there They definitely will, although collecting a large enough number could be difficult. Are you planning on breeding them? If you have anymore questions just ask Report
July 20, 201511 yr comment_562572 Hi, thanks for that. Was thinking about giving it a go, might do some more homework, but did have access to another large pond which had a good supply of snails. Cheers Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.