Fishless Cycling Frustration

benjamin100

Hey everyone- sure I'm posting this in the wrong place so apologies!

I know New Zealand's lack of fishless cycling appropriate ammonia has been talked about before, but it is really driving me mad now.

Because I can't find any anywhere I just purchased some off Amazon US- it couldn't ship to NZ- so I had it delivered to a Youshop address to be sent on.. only to find they don't ship products that contain ammonia.

So that's $27 down the drain.

Anyone got any ideas?

:)

Me also but us oldies are not allowed to say things like this or the cycling police might arrive at the door, dead shrimp sellers will go broke and people will no longer be able to poison their fish with cloudy ammonia

Ammonium hydroxide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ball-and-stick model of the ammonia molecule, Ball-and-stick model of the water .... ammonia that has had soap added to it is known as "Cloudy ammonia".

• 4 months later...

I know this is a bit old to be replying. However I was trying to find ammonia to do a fishless cycle. Anyway I emailed countdown and spoke with them on the phone and they contacted the homebrand people who make "Cloudy Ammonia" and actually the only ingredients in it is ammonia and water. There are no soaps or detergents. If you want a copy of the email proving it from their customer support I can send you one. So feel free to use homebrand cloudy ammonia to fishless cycle your tank!!:)

Now I realise that so called cloudy ammonia does have soap or detergent in it (just like wikipedia says), however homebrand don't put it in theirs thankfully.