Help

Benjansss

Algae need more than just light to survive so by turning off the light you are not addressing the cause/s. When you turn the light back on you will still have the same problem.

I have a 5000l swimming pool in direct sunlight and if I don't feed it the algae (that I want) reduces.

Forget all those products. The water has little good bacteria init. A good filter is key to keeping things stable.

But i have those noodles that bacteria grows on and its covered in bacteria

you can't really see bacteria,

Fish poo and wee in the water which is like fertiliser to plants/algae and like swimming in a toilet for the fish

bacteria consume the excrement and turn it into something slightly less harmful to the fish

bacteria in a bottle only kick starts the bacteria, the really good bacteria takes a while to build up to the point where it can eat all the crap and turn it into safe stuff for the fish and less food for the algae

cutting the light down will help to reduce algal growth but until the stuff it is feeding on it will come back

so you need to starve the algae