Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello from Auckland

Featured Replies

Hi, my names Gareth,

I am fairly new to fish keeping/breeding (about 3.5 months).

I got started in January with a breeding pair of Blue Diamond Discus which had a few free swimming babies with them. These settled in very quickly and started laying eggs within about a week of purchase and laid every 7-10 days for about 4-5 batches. Unfortunately they ate each batch and unfortunately the female died some days later with what I believe was whirling disease if anyone else has ever heard of it. Anyway I still have a beautiful male Blue Diamond and 10 juveniles. About 8 weeks ago I also purchased a breeding pair of longfin Angels who have so far laid 2 batches of eggs of which both batches have hatched and are growing very quickly!

So, for someone that is new to fish keeping the hobby has expanded very rapidly with (so far) 11 Blue Diamond Discus, 2 Adult Angels, around 400 baby Angels and 4 Rummynose Tetras.

I have 2x 60L, 3x 90L, 2x 200L and 1x 260L tanks at the moment so I suppose you could say I have MTS

Anyway, enough waffle. Anyone have a spare female Blue Diamond Discus...? :bggrn:

Cheers for now

Welcome it seems you are going the right direction interns of fish tanks, i.e. lots of them.

If you are wanting discus you might want to check out new pupuke aquarium, they have the best range in auckland imo.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.