What up with all the no buy now auctions these days?

Insect Direct

I see all these 'auctions' for reptiles as of late. Most have no buy now ... what are ppl thinking, I mean I havn't seen an auction gain any decent momentum in years. And if anything the lack of bids make it look like no one wants reptiles and the suppliers are just trying hard for an extra dollar. If it was a rare albino or something fair enough ...

or have I missed something? yes yes I have .. these stupid auctions I keep forgetting about when they end, could of just used buy now (if was available) when I was looking ...

are these ppl trying to sell via auction so they have less legal obligation or what ...

good day to ya :bggrn:

Whats the difference between a buy now and an auction?

with an auction, the consumer guarantees act doesnt mean squat. Seller doesnt have to provide any guarantee, warranty, even relevant information (though you cant give false information)

All the risk is on the buyer, and its the buyers responsibility to inspect / ask the right questions etc.. etc..

If theres something I want I will offer a certain price and ask for a buy now, also, when you click add to watchlist, just underneath there is an option to receive a text or email reminder, or otherwise just put the bid on when you see it and want it, and use the autobid feature.

I like to snooker people at the very last minute though. Just not much good when I forget which minute it is :rotf:

Those breakfast gecko auctions really get me nicks in a twist too, I dunno if I'm watching an auction or still dreaming. :lar:

PMSL....

If you were not a bloke and had read the instructions you would have discovered that when you bid at the last moment the auction is extended for 2 minutes. Someone read the instructions out loud to me one day.

that's why the optimum time to bid is a snipe at 3 minutes before close. it won't extend the auction and previous bidders who get an outbid notice may not be able to react in time if they aren't actively watching.

trust me I am the TM master sniper !

the only time I would put in an early bid is if the BN price is attractive but I still want a bargain.. I will bid to get rid of the BuyNow... but not put in my max until the 3 minutes sweet period.

I also snipe on eBay , though there is no autoextend.

bidbud is your friend if you want to snipe

interesting cheers man.

If you were not a bloke and had read the instructions you would have discovered that when you bid at the last moment the auction is extended for 2 minutes. Someone read the instructions out loud to me one day.

so serious mate. ppl need not take me so seriously. I am an idiot ... but not a complete idiot. .. all the time. :sml2:

the old auto extend 3mins is very long for some like me, I can flood the shed doing a waterchange in between bidding trust me.