December 19, 201312 yr comment_543578 When I look at pictures loaded on to the site I see a rotating circle of dots or a small small square with a red cross. When I click on them it goes back to photobucket and still no pic. What is the solution? Report
December 20, 201312 yr comment_543584 Sounds to me like its an issue with your browser, what you running? I had that with another website and I did updates for shock wave and flash player and it worked Report
December 20, 201312 yr comment_543608 Depends what ones you're looking at. Chances are those images have since been deleted from photobucket. Report
December 20, 201312 yr Author comment_543609 It happens even with pics I have put up in the last few days.Slightly better using chrome but not always. Report
December 20, 201312 yr comment_543610 I found the other day when I was loading my photos up that if I was logged into photobucket then I could not see my images via the forum, but as soon as I logged out of photobucket they became public again and I could see then via the forum. Other than that spot of weirdness I was going to say the same as Phantom. If you "quote" the post with the photo, then you can see the link, then you can copy the link to another browser and then you will get any error message direct from the hosting site, as opposed to just clicking the photo which may swallow the error message in one of the redirects. Cheers Report
December 20, 201312 yr comment_543612 Make sure you have "load images" enabled. Some browsers have an option to disable images to save on data usage. Report
December 21, 201312 yr comment_543621 I'm sure it's not that, otherwise this forum would look pretty bad. Boxes all over the place for the top banner, user profile pics, icons, smilies etc. Report
December 21, 201312 yr Author comment_543635 Still can't see the pics. Anyone got any suggestions? Report
December 21, 201312 yr Author comment_543651 Wouldn't you know it---all perfect this morning. If problem returns will show what happens. Report
December 21, 201312 yr Author comment_543666 Back to no pics. It wont let me copy it just to be a pain. It is a small square with a red cross or a seriies of smal rotatating circles that become the above. Report
December 22, 201312 yr comment_543712 Do you still have dial up under your rock? :sage: :cr10: Report
December 22, 201312 yr comment_543713 Windows xp but have the same problem with chrome Pleased you still have your sense of humor, Xp is an operating system not a browser, but I'll assume you mean IE, and chrome. It's a bit like grasping at straws, but the only thing that I can think of is either the photo hosting site is moving the photos around, or it may be something to do with the cache on your machine, but that just doesn't quite seem right, but never hurts either.... So....... Test one, Can you see the two pictures below. They are the same picture, just posted slightly different ways. Cheers Report
December 22, 201312 yr Author comment_543720 First one has a small rectangle with a red cross and image in black. Second is the same but image in blue. Report
December 22, 201312 yr comment_543722 At least that means it is your machine rather than anything else. It could be that your temporary internet cache is full? Or corrupt? Or something else? I think that the first thing would be to clear the cache. Open internet explorer. Click tools (top right corner on menu bar that has the internet addresses in it.) Looks like a spikey wheel thing Select internet options On the general tab select delete which is in the browsing history section Now it gets slightly confusing. If you have FNZAS in your favourite then you need to make sure the top check box is NOT ticked. Check the Temporary Internet files and website files box. The rest are up to you, the only harm that can be done is that you will need to log in to any site that remembered your password. Then click delete. Next click settings, on the general tab again (beside the first delete button) You may want to increase the "disk space to use" amount. It should be at least the maximum recommended. Then just OK or whatever you need to do to get out of there, close down the browser and restart the machine and see if that fixes it. Note that you are allowed to swear as often as you like. Cheers Report
December 23, 201312 yr comment_543725 I doubt it's that as he stated it did it in Chrome as well as IE. I'd be more inclined to think it is a DNS issue or some kind of internet security software. If you press the windows key + r, then type cmd into the box that pops up and press ok, you should get a black box appear. In that box type ping i295.photobucket.com It should say a bunch of stuff like this: Pinging cdn.photobucket.com.c.footprint.net [192.221.123.126] with 32 bytes of d ata: Request timed out. Is the bit in [ ] the same for you? If not, let us know what it is. The other thing it could be is the photo resizer built into these forums. I'll PM you a link to something running on our dev environment at the moment to see if the issue exists there for you. Report
December 23, 201312 yr comment_543726 chrome and internet explorer use the same internet connection system settings, try Firefox it uses its own separate from the systems one. Report
December 23, 201312 yr Author comment_543744 Will try the above tomorrow so I can swear before xmas---wouldn't want to cause a lightning storm. Report
December 23, 201312 yr comment_543751 At the moment both pics above are great. Do not touch the keyboard, stand back from the computer, your actions are being monitered and it has been comfirmed that you are in violation of Technology User Age Restriction Codes 316 to 477. Report
December 24, 201312 yr Author comment_543797 The pictures all work this morning--must be xmas. I have a little message that pops up and has for about the same time as this problem--could they be related--cuzzies even? Eset Smart Security-Personal Firewall Detected DNS cache poisoning attack Remote IP address 192.168.20.1 Any ideas on how to fix both? All I want for xmas is........ Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.