Show us your leos!!

reuben.a

stunning animals you have there. don't show Alan your feeding the snickers diet :sml2:

welcome to the forum btw

Thanks i'm glad to be here

Ha ha snickers diet :P i just hate keeping crickets, tried it once and not for me, meal worms are nice and easy. Still got my Gecko keeping L plates.

crickets not for me either really, they're incredible however farming them day in day out is not much fun, but when one has devoted a good part of 10years doing r&d on them it becomes hard to give up.

the day you stop learning, lose the l plates, is the day the crickets stop chirping .. think that's how it goes? :sml1:

lol You're enclosure is so similar to mine, exact same tiles as well, only i have the tile under the turf. Polyurethaned MDF and all.

haha true that. I have three shelves of tubs below but this pair seem so happy in their 'free range' enclosure. he's pretty much a pimp in his penthouse lol.

p.s do I need to worry about unshed skin on toes. my fault let the hide dry out last time she shed. hoping it comes right next shed ...

Mine get dry every now and then, females appear to shed more than males. I soak any toe's that appear un-shed, generally they look after themselves. Resist pulling it off yourself, it can lead to open wounds that require close attention (first hand experience).

It certainly is looking better. I apologise for that one. The two were seperated and both looked fine but I put them together because I was short of storage space. Looks like the skinny one got bullied out of its food.I should have checked it before sending. Please don't overdo it and end up with worse problems at the other end through overfeeding---I have seen a few lately that have problems from being too fat.

Appreciate that. Courier trip may of slowed her down a bit, was just worried after she was a bit slow for the first few days. Wonder if she was just dehydrated however had moss and was well packed. Maybe lack of oxygen to the brain .. I get that all the time :rolfl:

Anyway rather amazed at how fast she's gained some weight (must weigh her). My male gecko is getting fatter by the day despite trying to feed less.

Has anyone had issues with Females being aggressive towards another Female? or can point me to a forum that talks about this? i know it does happen but thing im more worried about is when it comes to breeding and how she will act around a Male.

I posted pictures of my 3 leos and the one im talking about is Meridia, the tad over weight one (3rd picture). I found that she does not like being around the other female and will try to bite her (its why they now have their own enclosures. Do you guys think she'll be like this around a Male?

You can get super females that behave like males but would be more aggressive to males I would have thought. Caused by incubating at temperatures over 91 F. Also this is the first year I have had breeders losing tails (three different females in three different breeding groups) I got one repaired and put back and it happened again. I think it is the females scrapping but I have only seen the results.

Has anyone had issues with Females being aggressive towards another Female? or can point me to a forum that talks about this? i know it does happen but thing im more worried about is when it comes to breeding and how she will act around a Male.

I posted pictures of my 3 leos and the one im talking about is Meridia, the tad over weight one (3rd picture). I found that she does not like being around the other female and will try to bite her (its why they now have their own enclosures. Do you guys think she'll be like this around a Male?

New to geckos here but do find it fascinating at the personality difference between animals seen already. Have a female skink that is more agro than any other ... attacked and bit tails off other females ... and only ever accepted one male i have .. they now live happily ever after. Males never to blame eh. :sml2:

• 2 weeks later...