2 New Bettas

Trilobite

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

A few males. Dragon scales are taking ages to fill in... :evil:

Finnagewise theres only about 3 males with potential, but Im lucky that theres even that considering the fathers traditional pk finnage. Most of this spawn is male, so far Ive found only 3 girls, hopefully there will be more hiding in the bunch

DSC_6317_zpsab460644.jpg

DSC_6267_zpsb4d50b76.jpg

DSC_6393_zps7e6b40d0.jpg

DSC_6018_zps975fefe0.jpg

mine also comin up gud !!some change thr colour so fast ...av few zebra lookin ones ,,fingers crosed

Your babies are sounding really good! Its crazy how much they change colour ae! one day they are blue, then 2 days later they are white. I think we need to see some pictures of yours :-D

you are getting a real decent mix from the photos, the parents heritage must be crazy.

im finding alot of females in my blues.

I can only imagine what went into making those parents lol.

Its weird how its hardly ever a nice 50 50 split between sexes ae. I wonder if there actually is something like water temp of pH that controls how many males or females you get in a spawn. At least you have a good chance of finding a good quality female in your batch. They are literally the hardest thing to find lol

how is the albino doing?

Its turned into the ugliest fish Ive ever seen in my life. I kind of hate him :oops: and hes so fussy

Hes gained some black so he was just a partial albino. He used to blow nests for the female runt that was in his tank but now Ive taken her out

DSC_6926_zps9153a7ff.jpg

Binu that one looks really cool, will be interesting to see how it looks when its older

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haha thanks! I dont know about aquabid quality though

Yep all from the same spawn. I just take out the biggest bullies, then sell them. When/if I run out of room I use cokebottles with holes in them inside a plastic tub

Heres some ladies :-D

DSC_9590_zps1f577e5b.jpg

DSC_9607_zps4c7d8bc2.jpg

DSC_9821_zpsa70f7ca7.jpg

DSC_9800_zps53c40771.jpg

And this will be the guy who will most likely be the father of the next gen...he has the best rays, body and sharpest tail (even though its still really round lol) Most others were so horribly round...

DSC_9294_zpsca764df8.jpg

And my fave guy whos unfortunately no use for breeding. I just love his colours

DSC_9866_zps076dcacf.jpg

I think plan for the next gen will be an outcross to a sharp hmpk to fix up the finnage. I got given a few really nice red males and females who have incredibly sharp tails so they should be able to help sharpen up the dragons. Problem is Id have to sacrifice colour for the first gen, since dragon cross red wont be very pretty... but it will be worth it

But check out the tail! as sharp as a knife!! All siblings are consistently sharp so it would be interesting to see if the reds can help defeat the round tails

DSC_9483_zps07f15a6d.jpg

• 9 months later...

I think those are all awsome I tried to breed my two bettas once a completely white female non albino

And a dark blue male just when the female was nice and eggy and the male had finished a nice big bubble nest the female died.