June 24, 201313 yr comment_532019 Hi all Personal [preference on an Air pump to go in a lounge room? Needs to be able to pump 1.5-2m up and has to be quiet!! Doesn't need to have a large volume Cheers James Report
June 24, 201313 yr comment_532028 I've found Eheim the best (I haven't heard of Stellar though). I have a big one in my bedroom and the bubbles make more noise than the pump itself :thup: Report
June 24, 201313 yr comment_532035 For a 2m high setup the Eheim 700 is probably the best bet for quietness (Not sure thats a word :-? ) Report
June 24, 201313 yr comment_532043 I've found Eheim the best (I haven't heard of Stellar though). I have a big one in my bedroom and the bubbles make more noise than the pump itself :thup: ditto Report
June 25, 201313 yr comment_532079 ummm..... air pumps don't have head heights they have pumping depths. both stella and Eheim are very quiet. Don't bother with the cheap ones. they are only quiet till the silicone lubricant starts to dry out. Report
June 25, 201313 yr comment_532084 The other thing you can do is hang them in your cabinet so they're not vibrating against anything. Did that with one of mine many years ago and it made a huge difference. Report
June 25, 201313 yr comment_532114 Throw it in the trash where it belongs and it will be the most quiet. You don't need them as long as your filter is disturbing the surface a bit and water pumps are far quieter. Report
June 25, 201313 yr comment_532120 Check out the new fluval q2 retail is 99 i think.im really impressed with how quiet it is. Report
June 25, 201313 yr comment_532128 I have an old airpump that i payed $5 for hanging from my garage roof and running 2 breeding tanks, quiet enough Report
June 25, 201313 yr comment_532138 Eheim are great pumps but I found that the ?nylon outlet that you join the air hose to tends to start coming apart after a while. It should be a stainless fitting. Other than that a great pump and very quiet. I also sit mine on t-towels to make them even quieter. :lol: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.