Need small fish for "3 litre?" desktop aquarium (babies)

Monzae

got a new 7 LED Desktop aquarium (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T7mVWbzZFo) I don't want to put a lone guppy or a goldfish or anything like that as it's not the best thing for the fish right? I'm thinking a few babies or perhaps there are some really small fish suitable for it? also thought perhaps a Siamese fighter would work? well I need opinions :D mine is the same as that one except plastic scratched up cause I used a scour instead of a sponge v.v stupid me and it's missing the plant. cheers

3 litres by my measure :S it's 10 cm x 15 cm x 9 cm. I'll double check that shortly. It has an under gravel filter and a circulation mechanism thingy with a sponge so it sucks the water down and length ways at the bottom side effectively dragging it up through the undergravel thingy as well as cross way through a sponge, it's a nifty little design.

There's a little tank similar to this one on display at Hollywood Fish Farm in Auckland, it has like little fry I guess in it. It's a really cool looking setup in my tank, who wouldn't love some little fry swimming round in a cute decorative tank, I think I'll have a look on google and see if there are any available fish that have like patterns or noticeable differences to others whilst fry.

only problem is that they don't stay fry long and also keeping your water perimeters right for fish in a tank that teeny weeny is next to impossible, it's a catch 22 - only way to keep your perimeters fine is to change water regularly, which in turn makes the guppy fry grow really fast and outgrow the tank.

Might aswell buy once of those electric fish toys you see on t.v. and plant it out dude.

Haha Electric fish toy does sound like fun. I think I should make better use of it, I work at Hollywood Fish Farm in Albany and last week one of our Goldfish had quite a spawn of little babies, plus we get in plenty of Goldfish on a regular basis so with all the spawn often maybe I could setup this tank in store (on the counter or something) and put a few fry in there and just switch them out for some others when ever they start to get bigger. I'll run it by the work place and see what they think, plenty of cold water fish as well so perhaps that will work out alright and supply a new decorative point for the store, what do you think?

a sump could prove useful, I don't know if I should use this for fish after what I've heard. Maybe I can use it for plants and snails, colder water was very good for my Ambulia and Polysperma as well as my snails. lots of Red Ramshorn snails should make it still a very nice display. Shrimp also an interesting idea, I'll look into that. Thanks

Mosquito Rasbora was a thought I also had but a small fish doesn't mean it takes a small aquarium, Mosquito Rasbora actually require quite a bit of space for their size. Brine Shrimp would be great as I can use it in breeding my WCMM and maybe sell some in the future if anyone needed it.