My new Guppies - What colour are they?

Blue Moon

Picked up these 2 little guys today - Can anyone tell me what colour they are?

Female -Half Black? They had quite a few Males they looked identical, I actually thought this girl was a male too as I have never seen a female guppy with so much colour? She has a fairly dark black spot - She might have some fry like her colour.

P1099293.jpg

P1099290.jpg

Male - there was one other male that was identical - so looks like they are pure of some type?

The flash washed his colour out abit, but he has quite dark orangy colour on his head too

P1090022.jpg

P1090034.jpg

P1090012.jpg

Female is "Half Black" on grey and male is "Red Tuxedo" on grey. He is something "special" coz Tuxedo tend to have larger fins but his tail is more round and small - but might still grow with age; hard to say how old they are ...

Two different strains and the F1 will be a big mix (mess) :slfg:

JaSa

Both Carked it :( Male last night and woke up to the female suddenly had whitespot all over her this morning, treated the tank but she died later in the arvo - A friend just told me that the guppy the petshop had in the day before these ones arrived were riddled with whitespot and had fish gasping at the surface, so looks like they took those out and put the new ones straight in :( both of mine started hanging around the top of the tank gasping yesturday arvo - thank god i decided to put them in my QT tank and not straight in with my main mob!

Went back today and the others left also now covered in white spot arggh! and hardly any left - not sure if they sold or died!

• 3 weeks later...

Got pair of those females a week ago down here in Otago on the off chance they're Moscow blacks...

Going strong, I'm inclined to believe it was the store.

EDIT: just checked your location. It's likely I went to the same store... And mine have shown no signs of sickness.

Both Carked it :( Male last night and woke up to the female suddenly had whitespot all over her this morning, treated the tank but she died later in the arvo - A friend just told me that the guppy the petshop had in the day before these ones arrived were riddled with whitespot and had fish gasping at the surface, so looks like they took those out and put the new ones straight in :( both of mine started hanging around the top of the tank gasping yesturday arvo - thank god i decided to put them in my QT tank and not straight in with my main mob!

Went back today and the others left also now covered in white spot arggh! and hardly any left - not sure if they sold or died!

I think this is very poor on behalf of the petshop, to sell fish from an infected tank!