Coldwater Iwagumi

SamH

So today I decided I would finally plant this tank. Issues with the Eheim 2213 meant water all over the carpet and it's still running very noisily, not happy :an!gry The planting itself went well, will be mint when it grows in though. I need to troubleshoot the CO2 system as well, I suspect a problem with the diffuser. Also, I went into HFF today, didn't buy anything but now can't decide between Zebra Danios or White Clouds for this tank, thoughts on this? Any ways, here's the ever important photos.

IMG_7314b.jpg

Hairgrass palette.

IMG_7316b.jpg

16 moss rocks.

IMG_7324b.jpg

Homemade basil pesto on Ritz cracker with a grape/cherry tomato on top, good snack while patiently waiting for the tank to fill.

IMG_7328b.jpg

About half an hour in.

IMG_7330b.jpg

All systems are go! (kinda...)

IMG_7334b.jpg

IMG_7331b.jpg

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good, except the rock on the right needs shifting 1.7 degrees east

I think minnows will look best, danios might look a bit big and if you end up with small shrimp then the fish and shrimp will all be comparitively sized. Danios seem to be more zippy than the minnows and I think the theme leans towards relaxing minimalism than darting fish.

Also the red in the minnows will compliment the red in the rocks and substrate.

@ diabolus; I am going to crank the CO2, sadly when troubleshooting it I lost most of my gas so it ran out after just one day, I'll go get it refilled tomorrow and blast it.

This tank is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable but so far with the filter and CO2 issues, it's making me pull my hair out and I haven't even got algae yet :nilly: And to top things off, the drop checker won't stay attached to the side of the tank :facepalm:

@ diabolus; I am going to crank the CO2, sadly when troubleshooting it I lost most of my gas so it ran out after just one day, I'll go get it refilled tomorrow and blast it.

This tank is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable but so far with the filter and CO2 issues, it's making me pull my hair out and I haven't even got algae yet :nilly: And to top things off, the drop checker won't stay attached to the side of the tank :facepalm:

hahahaha love the hair algae pun!

best of luck with the filter and co2

Got a couple of refills today after work.

Issue 1. Inline diffuser not working. Bubble counter shows bubbles for half a minute then stops, pressure builds so no CO2 can get through but none comes out of the diffuser. Solution, get a new bottle or switch to a standard diffuser. Inline diffusers require a LOT of pressure to create the mist, not enough pressure (end of the bottle) and nothing will come out.

Issue 2. Leaks from the CO2 rig. Leaks from various parts of the rig, cylinder to adaptor, adaptor to regulator, etc. Solution, use a LOT of thread tape and O rings :lol:

CO2 is currently pumping out at a rate of 2-3 bps (I know ya'll like that measurement :roll: ) and the tank looks cloudy due to the mist. Waiting for the drop checker to go to yellow. Also, I need to properly route all of the cables for this and install my new surge protected board AND clean up :nilly:

looks good, except the rock on the right needs shifting 1.7 degrees east

I think minnows will look best, danios might look a bit big and if you end up with small shrimp then the fish and shrimp will all be comparitively sized. Danios seem to be more zippy than the minnows and I think the theme leans towards relaxing minimalism than darting fish.

Also the red in the minnows will compliment the red in the rocks and substrate.

Danio and WCMM once adult are a very similiar size.

Danio are active at the surface, where WCMM like all water levels.

Danio wont have the same colour contrast of red and brown against the green.

WCMM do not actively eat their fry like Danio and will readily spawn in all your moss.