Fish room build

camtang

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Higher and lower are options for smaller tanks and probably options that will be done in time. Problem is I am big and I like big tanks and fish, so my four "big" tanks are taking up all of the room.

I want to have the ability to breed some fish in here as well, which is why I am running out of room.

That doesn't sound good re the Panaque and foam filter .....

It is more the waste they make and the sucking abilities of the foam. Option B is making my own foam filter with Poret (Thanks for the idea Raymond) and option C is use one of the canister filters I have sitting waiting for me to do something with.

Beers on completion of the job!

He he, good to see you still have your sense of humor Cam. A fish room is never finished......

Oh and you don't need the FX5.

Put your HMF filter at one end, say the right end for the purposes of this discussion.

At the left end put a small powerhead that blows water from the left back straight accross the middle height of the tank to the left front.

Make sure your wood is arranged so that there are clear channels from left to right.

What will happen is that the powerhead stops the waste from settling at the far end of the tank and the HMF will suck the waste right through the tank and it will collect at the bottom of the HMF, just waiting for you to vacuume it up.

Works on my 100cm and 124cm long tanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...