~Show us your Bettas~

Phillz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Morse, he's the one that got me started back in November , he died after about 3 weeks , all my fault, did not know a thing kept him in a huge brady glass in the lounge with no heater just some plants, :oops:

Sorry Morse... :cry:

SFighter.jpg

I guess 14 tanks later he's still missed

We got the beautiful yellow from Jansens Botany...we had her about a year but then died :cry:

We have a beautiful baby girl from the male in the pic, but we don't know who her mother was, as we were experimenting with all three of the females that we had at the time to see which one the male liked better...and one day we just saw this random baby swimming round the tank. So the mother of our baby is ether one of the two females in the photo or a pearl white one. The baby is the same colours as the dad - dark blue/red/purple - she is beautiful! need to post some pics of her.

So our mission at the moment is to try and breed the baby.....hopefully from her babies we may be able to tell who her mother was...who knows...may end up with some beautiful yellow bubs!

Haven't seen any yellows like her in the shops since we got her though!

• 2 months later...

Well sadly my male blue VT, Uno passed onto a BETTA place.

but on a better note I have since found out that Cherrie may be a lil bit special :wink:

PIC_0001.jpg

aPIC_0014.jpg

Here are some quotes from Australian Betta Forums

looks more like a longfin HM female to me, very similar to one i had.

she looks gorgeous, the tail did trip me out for abit, but then I saw her egg spot. I'd agree with Phil, in that she's a long finned female. I've never seen or had one, so i reckon ur one lucky betta owner

Another thing to point out, look at the ray branching in that tail!

This is Vayda....my new guy.

WebPIC_0020.jpg

WebPIC_0019.jpg

WebPIC_0016.jpg

WebPIC_0005a4.jpg

These are they ID coments from the Australian Betta Forums.

Looks like he's a double tail, Phillz. As well as the divided tail, the double tail gene also produces the broad dorsal fin and shortened body.

I'd say he's a steel melano -- meaning he carries the gene for black colouration. I have a steel melano SD -- here's a pic for comparison.

I wouldnt call him a steel melano since there is so much black in the fins for him to be steel, do you know what i mean, the melano is displayed so its not just a geno lol. He is a proper melano DT, i wish they got them in my petshops lol

Congrats, last time I heard, it was hard in NZ to find a decent Betta.

Well done, and I agree with what's written above, he's a double tail, and a pretty one at that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's some pic's of my betta fry getting some good colour now. Will take better pic's and one of my new male when batteries for the camera are charged.

babybettas2.jpg

babybettas.jpg

There are 6 in total from my first batch of fry, they have more fry now and I'm ready for them this time :)