New Tank, And New Member :)

swanson-07

Hey, My names David, I used to be into Marine Aquariums but due to the cost have swaped to a Freshwater Community Tank.

Excuse the Fake plants I like them, Still more to come, im taking it slow :)

Tank Set up:

It is a AquaOne 400, with 2x 3600L an hr Powerheads with a 8 channel controller, Running 2x Blue and 2x White T5 bulbs. Sump about 120L

Fish:

4 Baby Swordtails,

5 Neon Tetras

6 Guppies

1 Catfish

3 Brown Bristlenose Plecos

Plants:

Could someone ID for me please :)

Its one Week old,

20121202_203926.jpg

20121202_183235.jpg

20121202_183312.jpg

20121202_183406.jpg

Thanks for the feedback im interested in half the tank being planted mainly for the reason that it should prevent algae growth. I found in my old marine tank that once algae takes off its hard to remove.

Where is the best place to source plants simular to the fake ones in my tank?

Ive got the idea of having the left side as a planted and the right side with decotations eg: looking at a sandfountain or volcano with bubbles

Thanks for the feedback im interested in half the tank being planted mainly for the reason that it should prevent algae growth. I found in my old marine tank that once algae takes off its hard to remove.

Where is the best place to source plants simular to the fake ones in my tank?

Ive got the idea of having the left side as a planted and the right side with decotations eg: looking at a sandfountain or volcano with bubbles

I find algae is much easier to control in a FW tank than marine. Much, much easier.

I'm not really into the decoration thing as I'm on a densely planted tank kick, but plants can be found in petshops, on here (have a look in the for sale subforum, or post what you want in the WTB forum), or on Trade Me. TradeMe might be a great place to start - you can get 100 plants for like $20. It's amazing.

For plastic stuff locally you could try Roselands Garden Centre, the $3 Shop, or that Gifts 4 U place (not sure of the name) where Millers used to be, in Blenheim.

If you want some live stuff I am over-run with red Rotala again. You are welcome to some.

Hey Dave, Pictons good little quiet. Sold all my Marine tank. Starting new on FW seems easy atm

good to hear. hows work with the boys? still a bunch of slackers :thup: yeah i thought they might have been yours on trade me. fw's the way to go! im up to 3 tanks now haha wanting to set up another but no room in the house and anna wont let me haha