nz saltwater set up questions

ilwis

so with very little persuasion my wife has just agreed to let me set up a small salt water native tank :happy1:

so i plan on going for a quick look tonight to see if i can find some jewels and anything else of intrest

(if i see a oucupus and catch it i will be the happyest man in the world)

but my question is about the jewels and other such creatures

from what i understand jewels are poisionus so do i need gloves? or anything special to handle them? any way to know what ones to stay away from?

i know a bit about the fish so im not too worried about them and i know most sea weeds need alot of light so any hints tips stuff i should know?

im planning on starting it with salt water from the sea so i know all is perfect with the water (any good ideas on how in the car? ive got a chillie bin so thats my best option so far but water can still splash out through the opening of the top)

ive had a few salt water native tanks that have worked well in the past but i never tried anthing other than dead rocks and fish (fish were alive and most released that way too the few that didnt make it went to dinner with other fish)(as in other fish caught and ate them)

so any help would be great!

not really looking for stuff to take tonight just looking for when im ready to set it up so i know where i can find everything

most of the things i found are all brown plants and ostyers (didnt tanke anything) i really want to find some jewels but ive never seen brightly coloured ones around

thats why i was looking to hopefully find some and a place to find some good fish

and if i use sea water and sea sand ect it speeds up the process id just add the fish slowley anyway its just the other stuff i find is hard to get

ive got a nice cool spot checked out already so im not worried about the temp it sits around 18C most of the time