Ugh Photobucket !!!!!!!

mcrudd

Ok, so with the new photobucket layout things were just confusing. I used to have pages I could go through but now its one big page and I had over 600 photos to wait to load to get to the last one. So I made little sub albums and sorted all my photos took forever to do but I was so glad when done, just to see that my photos no longer show in threads :facepalm: So I move them all back and still Nothing :an!gry This had me super mad. I tried everything and nothing worked, so I just deleted the lot. Grrrrr Its impossible to remember where everything was especially my sims screenshots I belong to several sim sites :nilly: there was no warning that this would happen. I thought since the img tag remained the same all will be well, but apparently not :o

I wrote them a big email about how terrible their new layout was, and then they informed me there was a little button that would take you back to the old layout, and I replied with "best feature of the new layout, don't ever remove it"!

Make sure you tell them you're switching back because the new one is terrible and hopefully they'll get the message...

Thank you all so very much, I am going to press that button, Unfortuanatly I had to write several posts apologizing about missing pics, everyone was understanding, most of them were also upset about photobucket, I will let them know of the magic little button too :thup:

I went back to the old as I couldn't find anything in the new. I then got an email asking me why I preferred the old layout so I replied that the old did everything I needed and I knew my way around it. They then asked if they could ring me to discuss it and ask questions about which features I liked, used, or wanted etc. I said they could ring me if they liked but I only used it to put photos on forums or for friends to see my holiday pics and I did not use any of the other features. It is a storage site as far as I am concerned and that is all I use it for. Indeed, I was not sure what other features it had that they wished to question me about! :dunno:

I'm with Amtislaw on this one. I'm loving the new layout. It's much more simpler and sort of faster in some areas. The drag file upload thing is cool and easy to use. I don't know what all the fuss is about, your folders should still be there. If you click "Library" on the bar at the top that also has "Home,Connect,Browse etc..." the on your left will be a list of your albums and sub albums and on the right is the summary of all the albums you have and total amount of photos etc.

HTH.

Next time it might be better to ask, then delete stuff.

Next time it might be better to ask, then delete stuff.

I had more than 600 photos. I am a sim player that share lots of screenshots. I knew roundabout on which pages photos were so it was easy to track. The new system put all 600 plus photos on one page, and I needed the last photo so I had to scroll wait for it to load, scroll again and wait and so on and on. It was frustrating, where as usually I just said go to page 29 or something like that. So then I moved them all into seperate folders to make it easier and that deleted them all from my threads (they no longer showed) so I moved them all back to the main library and they still did not show, so I had no choice than delete and start over. My whole argument if you go to the beginning and read it thoroughly is that once you just move it they seem to change the img code and you lost your pics anyways when you move it back it did not revert back to the old img code.

I am not one to debate with someone but I thought your post telling me to rather ask than delete stuff was uncalled for :facepalm:

quite frankly it is poor design on their behalf that they don't use a UID for each and every image. If they did this there would be no problems in rearranging photos into (new) albums.

On another photo site I moved all photos from one account to a different account without loosing/breaking a single pic an any forums.

I went back to the old as I couldn't find anything in the new. I then got an email asking me why I preferred the old layout so I replied that the old did everything I needed and I knew my way around it. They then asked if they could ring me to discuss it and ask questions about which features I liked, used, or wanted etc. I said they could ring me if they liked but I only used it to put photos on forums or for friends to see my holiday pics and I did not use any of the other features. It is a storage site as far as I am concerned and that is all I use it for. Indeed, I was not sure what other features it had that they wished to question me about! :dunno:

How did you go back to the old layout? I just uploaded a pic, twice - because I'm buggered if I know where it uploaded to!

I noticed that on the old layout my photos would get to 99% uploaded and then not get any further. I had to click on the photo to continue to get to the page with the IMG code. Went to the new layout, it worked fine. Went back to the old layout and it went back to doing it.

The other thing I don't understand is why if I rotate my camera to take a photo, if I save it the right way up on my PC and then upload it to PB, it uploads it the way it was before rotation. I fixed it once but then I changed something else, and now it's gone back and I can't fix it again. :an!gry