Music suddenly got good again

Carlos & Siran

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or your spelling

The whole point I was trying to make is over all a lot of the newer music (mainly the Folk Genres) I'm hearing (not on the radio but on youtube) is of a high quality and easily matches the old school sounds in both lyrical and instrumental skill. Not that all new music is all good, I would totally agree that most stuff you hear on Classic hits and the edge, the mainstream in other words, is utter drivel and smacks of $$$ making.

The likes of Ben Howard on the other hand is nothing short of a musical genius and I could seriously listen to him all day and night and not tire of him, every song is a journey, every time I hear a song again It just gets better and better.

And that's the type of artist that has been missing for the last decade of so.

Case in point. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tln8kYSJd4&feature=fvst

In the last few years, ok maybe 10 years I hear a new song and parts of it are the exact same melody from an old school song.

It does make you stop and listen and maybe connect with the song, but in the back of my mind I'm constantly thinking find your own melodies would you! :an!gry

Mostly copycats imo.

I have always been a fan of kiwi music. The Mutton Birds, Supergroove, The Black Seeds.....

For some reason it connects with my soul. But then again so do the bagpipes :wink:

I have always been a fan of kiwi music. The Mutton Birds, Supergroove, The Black Seeds.....

For some reason it connects with my soul. But then again so do the bagpipes :wink:

Yea Kiwi music is great, and it's on the up and up. Probably because of the money they are putting into it.

Supergroove are awesome, love black seeds, six60 are cool, and I still listen to some crowded house.

Yea Kiwi music is great, and it's on the up and up. Probably because of the money they are putting into it.

Supergroove are awesome, love black seeds, six60 are cool, and I still listen to some crowded house.

Black seeds and six60 were live on vnzpca the other night, and also home brew (which sucked)