Sophia's planted riverbed... update pg 10

Sophia

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks everyone, I'm really happy with it. I started fertilising the middle tank and it's greened up well over a week. Still need to work on the loach tank as it's getting too much light being the closest to the doorway. Luckily you can't see the brown algae from the photo :wink:

I've found that the new tank being next to the doorway I can walk down the hall way and poke my head out to spy on the corydora without them noticing. So this morning I got to see all 4 swimming about in the current, scaling the sides and swimming about in their graceful wiggly fashion, very cute. I put some live bugs in there and a hikari wafer to see if I can tempt them to eat in public and it worked. Peppy and a loxo are chomping and there are less bugs. It's almost tempting to just get more corydora and leave the loaches where they are but I really made this tank for the loaches. Maybe I should get more peppered cories and leave the loaches at 5. :nilly: what to doooooooooo

The cables and plugs are annoying aren't they. Will see if I have an extension lead and can put them in the bottom of the tank stand, there is a shelf under there for it. All those tanks are connected to a single power point that I've run an extension lead under the carpet to it. Stupid old houses, there aren't enough of them and many are in dumb places. If the landlord does an inspection one day I'll ask if he knows someone who will do another outlet for me. I asked a registered electrician I know and he said because it's a rental property it has to be an RCD outlet which cost $175 for the socket alone. By the time I pay for his time, it would be a $250 power point. :an!gry

I believe it is the law for rental properties these days. Not an RCD plug, an RCD socket. If it were a newer house or had had the cabling redone recently the distribution board would have been fitted with an RCD to cover everything but because it's all old, new sockets have to be RCD. If I buy the house and live in it myself, then I can make it as unsafe as I want, as long as I'm only killing myself and not the tenants

Here you go, tidy cables

IMG_1762_zpseb9a2a36.jpg