Hello from Auckland Newbie :)

Sheermiss

Hi all :wave:

I've finally joined the forum after having a nosey around for a while now so thought I'd jump on and say hi

Currently have 2 tanks - one 245L community tank and one sad empty 40L destined for a Dwarf Puffer maybe...

I also have two cats, my husband prevents me from owning a farm in our little house hehe

Haha yea, the only other pets he now wants are 2 Turtles and a couple Dwarf Puffers.

I've tried to convince him we need 2 dogs, a pig and Guines Pigs (to name a few)

Funny story about our youngest kitten - we went into the pet store to buy filter wool and came out with a kitten and no filter wool :sml2:

Not as bad as when our kids were little and my brother's 2 cats had 11 kittens between them and he was looking for new homes. Husband had developed an allergy to cats but when we all (unbeknown to each other) had pointed to the same kitten and said "If we could have a kitten I would choose that one", we said to the kids we would give it a go until the kitten was due for its immunisations and needed to be spayed. If dad developed a problem, as a result of the kitten, one of them would have to go. Eldest child said "Well I choose dad" whereas the youngest (aged about 8 ) said "Well I'd rather have the kitten!" He has never been allowed to forget that :slfg:

Needless to say he now has a home of his own filled with cats, dogs, fish, chickens and frogs.

PS. We did keep the kitten and Misty was part of our household for many years.